Home › Forums › General Discussions › Open Topic › how to split mpeg files?
- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 18 years, 12 months ago by FlyingCloud.
May 22, 2004 at 5:05 pm #47003
we just discussed this question in the soulseek Dinosaur Jr 101 chatroom today, but didn’t come to a result:
Is there a good free software to split mpeg files?May 25, 2004 at 5:08 pm #102041
i have tracks 10 11 12 and maybe 13 as well as sonic youth footage from the Northampton Mass Video that need to be split.
it is mpeg.
i had this trial demo of this software, but it expired, and i don’t really want to shell out the 20 bucks for a couple tracks.
if you had that software, i could give you the 400 MB mpeg file, and you could do the splitting.May 26, 2004 at 7:33 am #102042
Which operating system do you have Anthony? I haven’t tried it, but I think the windows movie maker in XP will do an adequate job of splitting the mpeg. I am not sure though.
If not it should be an easy task for someone to just download and register the triel demo in your link, and then upload the splitted files to you. If no one else voulenteers I can do it, but I’m on a crappy line, and I allready have tons of stuff that I need to upload to you allready But as I said, if no one else steps up, I can do it.May 26, 2004 at 5:59 pm #102043
i have 3 w2k, and 2 red hat 9’s.
i haven’t tried it either.
you should send some of those cd’s in the mail.
i was wondering what happened.May 27, 2004 at 6:07 am #102044
Yeah, my whole computer got fucked, so for a little over a month I couldn’t get online, nor find the shows on my hd’s. Luckily all is well now, so I’ll continue the upload when I get back home. Also, I could burn the shows I’ve allready converted into flac and send them to you in the mail, so you’ll just have to copy them onto your hd’s -no conversion needed.June 4, 2004 at 2:44 pm #102045
hey anthony, how about putting up the missing songs of the Northampon show on freesofree.net the way you have them, as a big track …with the request to anyone with the time, skills & tools to split the tracks & upload it them back to you?
I mean, most of the people would watch all tracks in a row anyway, so it wouldn’t matter that 3 tracks are in one file … desperately waiting for the 3 songs… would be so cool to have a recording of the entire show
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)