Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic how many cds do you have?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

dfkgurl
    Participant

He is a member, but I don’t think he has ever posted, just a lurker here. He runs a friends band web site and visits the Weezer board pretty regular (among others). He has a pretty varied taste in music for his age. And lucky for both of us, we have similar tastes.

passion
    Participant

…about 900 vinyls
    …500 cd
    …300 tapes…and some singles! : [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

dfkgurl
    Participant

Of course! When he was younger, I used to turn him on to lots of stuff and he wouldn’t listen to it, cause he thought since I was his Mom there was no way he’d like it. But a lot of stuff I turned him onto years ago are his favorites now (Beck and Weezer are examples). These days, he turns me onto the new stuff. Don’t know what I’ll do when he starts driving – it’s nice having a personal DJ in the car who keeps me up on the new stuff. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Halfman
    Participant

Hey DFK,

Nice to hear you got him onboard with J and such. My ma got me turned on to rock and then my brother followed up. Tried to take bro to the Dec1 acoustic show but he crapped out. Got mom into SP and right now she has my Ear Bleeding Country car tape. heh heh [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] !

Would like to see that thread too. I didn’t notice anything at the show other than most eveyone was friendly or on something, which if it makes you friendly, okay! Nah, I hadn’t given any thought to developing the dinodemographic, but it might be interesiing to make one.

buckingham rabbit
    Participant

we all speak like j mascis, right? cause we’re all introverts and don’t identify with anyone? hmm, maybe that’s just me. at any rate, thats why mascis was like a god for me in high school, though i don’t feel that alienation as much these days. i’ve learned to talk a little bit too, but still not much. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey BR & Halfman,

The profile Tony was talking about can be found in the 2nd paragraph…

http://www.nypress.com/13/50/music/music2.cfm

We have a thread with some responses up in J Mascis reviews…title of thread is old show review..la from august 16th or 17th…add to it if you want to dispute the claims [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: Another Girl Another Planet ]</p>

Rich
    Participant

I have 200+ cd’s i dont have that much vinyl, just a few rarities and some pink floyd records i stold from my grandparents house (i think they belonged to my aunt)

FlyingCloud
    Participant

Talking ’bout profiles and dinodemographics: It reminds me of this funny Q&A out of a Sassy magazine where some girls try to understand "slackers" and J gives them some hints:
    Sassy Magazine 1993
    [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cale
    Participant

Ive got 95 NIRVANA Pressed discs (Includes singles, and original bootlegs), about 150 NIRVANA Bootlegs on CD-R, About 100 other bands bootlegs on CD-R, 125 Other Bands albums (cd’s), and about 175 rekkeds.

The rekkeds doesn’t include my 7" stuff, which I have about 10 [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .

Cale
    Participant

I might add that NONE of the stuff I listed was given to me. I know a lot of people are given their parents old rekked collection, but that doesn’t count.

I am 16 and i’ve never had a job. I wonder where all this money came from. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

buckingham rabbit
    Participant

<blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cale:
    <strong>Ive got 95 NIRVANA Pressed discs (Includes singles, and original bootlegs), about 150 NIRVANA Bootlegs on CD-R, .</strong><hr></blockquote>

holy crap! now that is what i call really being into a band. can anyone top this in terms of j mascis related cds?

drano
    Participant

i own well over 700 cds (100+ bootlegs), 300 cassettes,c. 100 albums.

Long Distance Drunk
    Participant

I have around 200 cds, about 100 cassettes. Not bad considering I didn’t really buy CDs in college. I also have about 50 albums on MP3 which I haven’t had a chance to burn yet. Very seldom to I buy anything new anymore. Anything old I buy used, and new stuff I talk someone else into buying it and the I rip it. CD burners RULE!

jamclark
    Participant

Let’s see I have:

600+ CDs
    ~100 7 inches
    ~100 LPs
    ~500 Live CDRs
    ~700 Live tapes
    ~125 Live pavement shows [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-Jamie, will be renting music storage space by age 25

malcom
    Participant

And now for the Big question-

How many cd’s do you actually LISTEN to?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.