Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions How is there no Dinosaur Jr tribute album??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    umascow
    umascow
    Participant

Besides the Felled Trees “where you been” tribute, Dinosaur jr has yet to be honored with a tribute album.
    Why is this?
    There are a lot of lesser respected bands that have tribute albums.

Should we get the ball rolling by recommending some potential tracks…
    I’ll start:

Little fury things – Rogue Wave
    Not The Same – Cymbals Eat Guitars
    Feel The Pain – The Rentals
    Not You Again – Mikal Cronin
    Any Track They Like – Built To Spill

axisboldaslove
    axisboldaslove
    Participant

This is a great idea, umascow! As to why it hasn’t happened… answer that and maybe we will have the answer to that great question which is, “Why do not more people recognize Dinosaur Jr as one of THE greatest bands ever to roam the earth?” It’s a total mystery to me!

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

So long as the Blink 182 version of Freak Scene isn’t allowed or this (I think she meant well but it just isn’t very good – are the chords even right?):

I’m wholeheartedly for the idea of a tribute album. There are so many bands out there that owe a debt to Dinosaur.

Obseqio
    Participant

My initial thought was that I wouldn’t care much for hearing covers of Dinosaur songs, but I really like Julianna Hatfield doing Raisans. That was pretty good. I’ve always liked her music and style. That was a pretty good translation.

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

I like Juliana too – her tirst album is good (in fact l’m gonna listen to it today for old times sake as I’m having vinyl clearout and found it last week). Have just never liked that version of raisins. It just doesn’t sound right to my ears. Maybe it’s just me.

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

You know years ago I started to put one together and compiled a list of dino fan covers. I lost them when a drive failed but being the digital pack rat I am I kept the drive and recently recovered them. I was thinking about maybe putting them up in batches on the site like fan-tribute albums. Maybe once I get those up there will be some interest in others submitting them as well.

I have some more covers from established bands too. I’ll dig up the links and/or upload them too

I also keep a playlist on the freakscene youtube account with fan covers I find.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by jeremiahjeremiah.
    eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

I’m covering the whole of Green Mind. Nearly finished – just two songs left and some tidying up to do. I’ll sure be posting it here in a week or two.

Wanted to throw the gauntlet down for a covers album and it’s 25 years old too!

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Uncle Tupelo – Freak Scene (Dinosaur Jr. cover) St. Louis, MO 03-20-1991

Full bootleg on Dime – http://bit.ly/1Rx5OIy

empire3

I like these two…….. Plus Evan would be a no-brainer for this, right?

empire3

or blowing it

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.