Home › Forums › General Discussions › Open Topic › hot finds (could be “other bands” but isn’t)
- This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 22 years, 7 months ago by OriginalPosterLost.
October 6, 2000 at 6:04 pm #44434
lately, i’ve been into checking out bands i’ve never heard or heard much of before. has anyone else recently discovered any cool albums they’d like to share? i’ll start off with a few:
swervedriver/Raise – i’ve heard of these guys over the years but never got around to actually listening to them. it is AWESOME. i love early nineties shoegazer type bands and i think i will buy every album by every early nineties british band on the Creation label now. i’m getting slowdive and ride soon.
the wedding present – i forgot which one i have (i’m at work), but its produced by steve albini and it kicks ass. i went the the record store once and bought The Birthday Party accidentally, thinking it was the Wedding Present!! the Birthday Party is really abrasive, but the Wedding Present is cool.
[This message has been edited by kxanderson (edited October 06, 2000).]October 7, 2000 at 12:36 am #63271
kyanderson you should check bizarro, a old album by wedding present, it kick ass. I suggest a great band too-social distortion-white light, white heat, white trash, a great album. Also check afghan whigs, 1965. That’s all for now folks [img]http://www.freakscene.net/ubb/smilies/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
October 7, 2000 at 1:22 am #63272
I second the notion that you all check out Afghan Whigs. Any disc will do. I have Black Love and Gentleman, and they are both two of my favorite albums by anybody, Greg Dulli rocks.
Chris [img]http://www.freakscene.net/ubb/smilies/earl.gif[/img]October 7, 2000 at 5:52 pm #63273
I definitely second the idea of checking out Social Distortion….some earlier songs like 1945, Mommys Little Monster are amazing.
A couple of good Canadian bands include transister sound & lighting company…coffee song and anyways/mayonnaise stand out. Treble Charger are alright, earlier recordings definitely influenced by Dino Jr.
October 9, 2000 at 3:57 pm #63274
cool, i’ll check out that other wedding present album. i have most social distortion already and i don’t really like the wigs (sorry!). i saw social distortion a few years ago and they put on an awesome show.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)