Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joiner Of Fun
    Participant

What’s new with me? Hm. I’ve been having a hard time getting over Twin Tower Day. I was ok until I had some time alone to think. I lived alone for about a year in good company. I was eating well and exercising. Now my mom has moved back in and I’ve gotten real depressed. I lost all my jobs. I was never good at anything. Life has gotten real bad. I went into a mental hospital for a week. Anybody got any advice on how I can help myself? Tony

essgee09
    Participant

If you can find a job you can keep,keep at it,and keep trying to find one.If you`re mom is annoying you,is there a brother you can live with?

I`m not good with advice.I remember Johnny Cash saying he was too.He told Roy Orbison to stop singing falsetto and change his name.I wish things would work out better for you.

Days are rough
    and they`re all quite dim
    but my mind cuts through it all
    like a wrecking ball
    ~Gillian Welch

Robert
    Participant

Never give up.
    If you can afford not living with your mom, then don’t.
    Find yourself a job. Any job. Then start searching for a job that you feel confident you can keep and that you’ll like.
    Never give up.
    Don’t go into hibernation.
    Get some routine into your life. Start exercising or just go for a walk each day.
    If you have friends that you want to keep then tell them that you’re depressed but that you’re doing your best to sort things out. They may not know how or what to do, but they’ll stick by you.
    Do stuff with your friends.
    Set yourself small goals. They’ll easier to achieve, but you’ll feel good and confident when you reach them.
    Never give up.
    Don’t self medicate.
    Never give up.

And since we’re quoting songs:
    Don’t let it bring you down, it’s only castles burning
    just find someone who’s turning and you will come around.
    -Neil Young

girl
    Participant

Ace advice Robert. And Tony if you ever want to talk you could always drop me a line.

Joiner Of Fun
    Participant

Hi Essgee. I’m not in good enough health now to hold a job. There aren’t many jobs and it’d be nice if there were more places to work here. I need to live alone for my sanity. I was cool with it many months until I noticed something about the tv I was watching. It’s that some of the names are chosen off my pasts like some board game confusing my age and where I am. It was good living alone. I was eating better, exercising, getting glued to a show.

Then I started to think someone was stalking me with noise and it was like fingernails on a chalkboard bound. I was on my road to better health. Of course, being connected to twin towers how would anyone let me live in peace? I guess that one took about two years to discover. Dumb to care about when it’s been so long. Yet, I found out things about my name and my home that makes me want to change it all. i need too. Or either move not special enough to live here.

embarressed be alive…I always forget if J remembers to say to in The Leper. I don’t know, I threw that cd away when the column stink happened…I am not embarressed to be alive I think I’ve been wronged to the point of unimprovement by everyone.

Ty Robert. I’ll do something about that. Even if it is just small stuff. Ty Girl

Rich
    Participant

Hey Tony, I’m sad to hear things haven’t gotten better for you. Have you thought of doing any charity work? Maybe working for a non profit org? Perhaps maybe helping others will help you help yourself. Some things that you could do could be such as New Orleans Katrina relief, Green Peace, Peace Core, Habitat for Humanity.

I hope things get better
    Rich

Joiner Of Fun
    Participant

Hi Rich. Working for charity is way off the map right now. I don’t have the energy. I did a little work around my folk’s house this summer. Painted, rearranged furniture, sawed some trees that had fell down. I pulled up a stump that looked like a dragon out of the ground. It has a knot like eye in it and a brain cluster, and a mouth with a rooty tongue poking out of it. I can’t remember if I axed the mouth like it is or if I pulled it out of the ground that way. I went with some new paint in the kitchen, few furniture pieces I added and life was very calm alone. I was taking long walks and so on….No, working for these organizations is not possible now. Besides, I’m needier haha.

My town could grow so I can have more options in case I can ever go back to work.

Thank you for asking, hope you’re doing well…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.