Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris1979
    Participant

Hi everyone

New to Dinosaur Jr. I’m 29 years old and a music nerd for many years. I was 9 when Lou left the band. I’ve known the name Dinosaur Jr. for years, although I haven’t heard any songs. Many bands I listened to during the 90ies named Dino as one of their influences but it took me till 2009 to check out one of their songs. Saw J, Murph and Lou in Switzerland around 3 weeks ago and I was blown away. A day later I went to my local CD shop and bought all Dino albums.
    I can’t stop listening to this incredible band, Farm is on non-stop rotation at the moment. Can’t understand it that it took me 29 years to find this jewel :) Dinosaur Jr. puts all other reunion bands to shame, so I desperately hope Farm won’t be the last album.

Chris

essgee09
    Participant

Welcome :D

So what other bands are you into?

Chris1979
    Participant

To name a few…

– Smashing Pumpkins (good example for a reunion band that didn’t work)
    – Pearl Jam
    – Sonic Youth
    – Kyuss
    – QOTSA
    – Manic Street Preachers
    – Radiohead

essgee09
    Participant

Kyuss toured with Dino in the mid `90s if you did`nt know :)

Chris1979
    Participant

I didn’t, probably one of the occasions I heard the name Dinosaur Jr. Envy everybody who saw them at the time.

erin the great
    Participant

I’m frankly quite happy you listed Kyuss before QOTSA.

allenborder
    Participant

Hello everyone!!

I am new on this forum. My name is Allen. I am 35 year old. I look forward to sharing and exchanging information with everyone! I have been watching the forum for a while and I just decided to join and participate!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.