Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Help me to identify this 94 show

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    turboviet
    Participant

I’ve found this show on grooveshark:
    http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Dinosaur+Jr+Live+94/78974799

does anybody know where is it from?
    I’d like to find it.

I know a lot of purist don’t really like this period (90’s) but I’ve always found J’s guitar was at his best during this period … the solo are ragging.

terryfunku
    Participant

This is from 1997, my friend. The setlists and attitude were fucking sick. This is the best live Dinosaur year in my opinion. This is the most brutal soloing ever.

http://www.freesofree.net/albumdetail.php?AlbumID=17

turboviet
    Participant

THANKS A LOT!
    97 make sense since there is alone from Hand it over …

Hand it over was my first Dino album, maybe that’s why I like this period so much … and it still my favorite after YLOAM

Obseqio
    Participant

I saw them that tour in Baltimore at Bohagers. It was pretty awesome. Krist Novoselic had a band and was opening up for them. Great show, great times!

tom
    Participant

I’ve always thought that era was greatly under appreciated. The live shows did have an attitude about them.

One of the highlights for me during that era was a show in Pontiac Michigan. J went to drums, Mike Johnson went to guitar, and Mikes wife at the time who played in Juned played bass. They played a few songs of Mikes second solo album, and it was incredible.

Obseqio
    Participant

Ah, I remember when Juned toured with them in ’94. I didn’t know Mike Johnson was married to one of the girls. The bassist and guitarist were pretty cute!

They did one of Mike’s songs, can’t remember if J got on drums for that. Probably did. Mike probably played guitar.

I probably grossly underestimated that period, but I was only 20 then. I really love Hand it Over a lot more these days than I did back then. Liked it then, love it now.

essgee09
    Participant

Juned were great! Too bad they did`nt stay around longer than they did

Matthoney
    Participant

Johnson never did it for me as a bassist. I always thought him to be a very boring bassist, especially considering how rocking Lou was. George Berz is, in my opinion, terrible. I never liked his drumming style, and I practically can’t listen to shows with him.

It’s a shame, too, since J really was on the top of his game in a lot of ways during the major label years.

alosaur
    Participant

Matthoney you are bugging George Berz blows Murph or Kyle out of the water. And the guitar was awesome then because he had the largest rack and assortment of pedals especially the lovetone pedals.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.