Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic HELP: Harddrive relabeled/gone missing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Robert
    Participant

Okai. Here’s the deal.
    After some strange behaviour from my computer I decided it was best to reinstall windows and so on. This worked great, xcept for one thing. One of my hd partitions had gone from being k: to d:, and I can no longer access it. Seems all the data’s still there, but no way to get on it what so ever. Renaming it to k: and/or checking it for error doesn’t work either.
    Also, it has mysteriously changed from ntfs to raw.

I’ve thought about merging this partition with another, see if that corrects the problem. But if it doesn’t I suddenly have 200gb lost instead of 70, so not sure I wanna go that way.

Any bright, or not so bright, ideas are very welcome.

Robert
    Participant

After hour upon hour of swearing, pondering, screaming and more swearing I gave in and thought føkk the whole harddrive issue and started on other tasks. The first one was to install windows/microsoft updates. And wouldn’t you know, after installing servicepack1 my hd was accessable again.

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh, the wonderful world of Micro$oft Window$…. :slap: :twisted: :wink:

Robert
    Participant

yeah, scared the shit out of me, thats’s for sure!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.