Home Forums General Discussions Introductions Hello Everyone!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    NCDan
    Participant

My name is Dan and I live in NC after growing up in NJ. I have been a fan of Dinosaur Jr since the first album. They were a truly "new thing" at the time, as I listened to mostly hardcore and punk. I was hooked from the beginning. I saw Dinosaur Jr at the Ritz in NYC on the BUG tour. They went on second, opening for Big Dipper, and blew me away. I was leaning on the stage right in front of Lou. It seems like yesterday and it was 17 years ago! When I heard that Dinosaur Jr. was going to be on the Late Late show, I taped it and was AMAZED to see the original lineup. I immediately went online and found Dinosaur Jr.com, which led me here. It’s great to have them back. BEST BAND EVER! :D

Annastefka
    Participant

Hey, Dan, I am glad you found your way here. I was born and raised in the South but went up North for school and ended up living in Rochester, NY and then in NYC for about 10 years total. I even worked in NJ a bit. I don’t really miss it too much, and we are true fans of North Carolina here in this house. We go to the leaf festival twice a year near Ashville and visit with friends in Ashville and Durham through out the year. My sister-in-law is from Maggie Valley, often we go to Black Mountain for camping and such. Will you make the show in Atlanta? Although the tickets went on sale today, I am still up in the air about it all, I will have a eighth month old who will still be nursing about every 4 hours and who has never been away from me for more than an hour. I don’t want to drive back that late, so I want to stay in Atlanta. So I would need to bring him and a sitter to Atlanta, Do I get a hotel, stay with my sister. I hate to ask her to stay up with a fussy baby while she waits for me to arrive after 2am. So I am still up in the air. My husband has offered to stay with baby and feed him bottles of Moma Milk.
    Oh, had to edit I see you will be doing the NC show.

SG
    Participant

Welcome NCDan :)

AGAP
    Participant

Welcome to the site 8)

andyfest
    Participant

Yeah, welcome. Always good to have more dino fans around :wink:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.