Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jtone
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Long time Dino Jr fan who has decided to come on board…play guitar (I wonder what percentage of DJ fans play guitar themselves?)…of course I’m a J tone fanatic.

Anyone know of a place where I can still purchase the J designed Nike shoes and/or any clothing that goes with them…I assume I’ll have to look on eBay but I’m hoping there’s SOMEPLACE that still has some in stock.

essgee09
    Participant

Welcome :D

I play a guitar a bit but never practiced enough to become good at it.What other bands do you like?

jtone
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here!

All over the place on influences/likes: Bowie, Mott the Hoople, Stooges/NY Dolls/Pistols/Clash/Cream/Gov’t Mule/Black Crowes/Marc Ford/Jayhawks/Wilco/Bill Kirchen/NRBQ/The Skeletons/Springsteen/Richard Thompson/NY and Crazy Horse/…I could go on and on.

Basically I like guitar players who GO FOR IT. J, Mick Ronson, Mick Taylor, Marc Ford, Mick Ralphs, Nels Cline, Johnny Thunders, James WIlliamson are my favorites.

essgee09
    Participant
    "jtone" wrote:
    Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here!

All over the place on influences/likes: Bowie, Mott the Hoople, Stooges/NY Dolls/Pistols/Clash/Cream/Gov’t Mule/Black Crowes/Marc Ford/Jayhawks/Wilco/Bill Kirchen/NRBQ/The Skeletons/Springsteen/Richard Thompson/NY and Crazy Horse/…I could go on and on.

Basically I like guitar players who GO FOR IT. J, Mick Ronson, Mick Taylor, Marc Ford, Mick Ralphs, Nels Cline, Johnny Thunders, James WIlliamson are my favorites.

Mott The Hoople are awesome!Brain Capers was my first foray into them,they rock 8)
    I dig The Jayhawks alot and most alt country type stuff.
    Neil Young is always a fave and all the bands he influenced.
    Richard Thompson is a fave guitarist of mine too.I love all that brit folk rock stuff like Fairport,Pentangle,Steeleye,Trees,Nick Drake,Sandy Denny…
    Mick Taylor is pretty underated and I agree rocks.Nels Cline is really good.Asheton and Williamson of The Stooges fer sure.

A few fave guitarists of mine:John Fahey,Sonny Sharrock(jazz guitarist who was amazing,Nels Cline was definitely influenced by him)some old blues guys like Blind Blake and Lonnie Johnson,Bob Mould,Rick Rizzo of Eleventh Dream Day,Howe Gelb of Giant Sand,Duane and Dickey of the Allman Bros,Johnny Winter,some more jazz players like Wes Montgomery,Django Reinhardt,Pat Martino,Bill Frisell,John Abercrombie…,Marty Willson Piper of The Church,this blues rock chick named Ellen McIlwaine who can play slide like crazy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.