Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Matthoney
    Participant

I just saw the new post on the main page about the new record/band “Heavy Blanket”. The bio was amusing, but it all seems a bit strange to me. Can anyone shed some more light on this? Are Johnny Pancake and Pete Couger just pseudos for other musicians? What’s the deal?

Regardless, I’m still excited to hear it. Between Witch, Sweet Apple, and of course Dinosaur, it looks like this year will be the year of J!

empire3

I love the bio so much I don’t even want to think it’s not ture!

Although in moments of logic I can’t help but think of J’s “skydiving concept album” free so free, that and (still hoping it’s real) I’ve never heard the name Pancakes & Cougar before in Mascisology…….. I think it’s a one man show,
    But I would love to meet them if they play a gig!

I know J wanted to call Sweet Apple – Heavy Blanket, So the names been around for a bit, So could be an old band name?

King Tubby
    Participant

It sure sounds like J on drums, so I imagine that’s him on bass too. Great “bios” though.

Hybridge
    Participant

press bio by S. E. Hinton

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

You can hear the full track “Dr. Martin’s Blues” on EW.com now.

SOUNDS AMAZING

terryfunku
    Participant

Here’s the full track for download! I pulled it off of the website.

[audio src="https://rapidshare.com/files/1079252361/Dr._Martens_Blues.mp3" /]

Annastefka
    Participant

It sure sounds like J on drums, so I imagine that’s him on bass too. Great “bios” though.

….yup, King T,………… on drums, it sure does sound like J Mascis (LOL)…but at least (for my taste) he’s got those cymbals mixed down nice and low….I like it!

Obseqio
    Participant

Was this in sale in CD and regular LP format? I just picked up a copy. I’m a little surprised they didn’t sell out sooner. $25.98 is a little steep though…

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

I heard just a little while ago that the purple vinyl is just about gone. There will be CD’s a digital release and most likely, black vinyl versions available.

Annastefka
    Participant

Regardless, I’m still excited to hear it. Between Witch, Sweet Apple, and of course Dinosaur, it looks like this year will be the year of J!

Yes…Matthoney, I left my music at home this evening and I threw on the radio in the car and I was trying to drive at night (not easy for me even with glasses) and I came upon a Christian radio station and you know sometimes (because I’m down with Christ) you can hear just the right message at the right time….BUT unfortunately for me, the whole theme of this “talk” was…..that the world REALLY is coming to an end soon….(we are truly now in the END TIMES folks) Jesus Christ…if that’s true, I do hope it’s the year of J, and I hope he can put some pep into his step so I can get some more J Mascis into my life before the….I forget what’s it’s called…the acceleration…no, that’s not the word…the rapture!

I like the sound of this heavy blanket stuff better than the witch stuff (sorry)

empire3

I see the CD is now available to pre-order
    8 quid,13 bucks,3 doubloons 29 trillion euros

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Henry Rollins’ KCRW Show Tomorrow Night: World Debut of J Mascis/Heavy Blanket Album
    http://bit.ly/JMHymu

Streams Here: http://www.kcrw.com/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.