Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Heavy Blanket – New Live LP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    empire3

In case you missed it…from outerbattery records facebook page
    Recorded where? With whom? Exciting!

We have got an incredible live album coming out in July with J and Heavy Blanket backed by the best rhythm section out there.

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

SO looking forward to this.

This year is going to be pretty amazing.
    New Sweet Apple is out and they recorded enough for 2 albums so we have another one to look forward to very soon
    I am pretty sure I have heard rumors of a new Witch album
    J mentioned another solo album in the works during an interview a while back. Trying to find where I read that but had it in my notes….
    With Dinosaur Jr playing some festivals I have a feeling we can expect another tour and most likely another album this year too.
    The Nirvana secret show where J fronted the band was apparently recorded and something is going to be done….

So many wins coming in here. I don’t see how we can go wrong as fans!

empire3

Sereval shades of J it is ! Awesome…
    That t-shirt really gets a lot more questions than you need !!:)

http://jmascis.bigcartel.com/product/50-shades-of-j-limited-edition-heather-tee-new-item

Was there a J film/documentary too ?? I could be making that up !

I read about the solo record too..

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

He mentioned that P Virus has been recording a LOT over the years with hopes of a documentary but now he has so much footage it may take a while to pull it all together.
    I think that was mentioned in the interview with Marc Maron interview

Obseqio
    Participant

I wouldn’t expect any new records from Dinosaur this year, but hopefully next year!
    In the Fall they said they were taking a break. Although that didn’t preclude some of the Festivals you them them scheduled for, I think it definitely means no extended tours or albums for at least a year.

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

@tonas saw Megan Jasper after the Afghan Whigs last night and she said that she just got the masters for a new J album! Can’t wait for that!

You are probably right about the album not being ready until next year @Obseqio!
    I did hear some murmurs of some additional non-festival Dino shows for this year being planned. I hope that happens 🙂

empire3

It’s really cool the way things are happening !
    strangely, I hope a new dino album is 2015.
    Its a J Indian summer…..

Obseqio
    Participant

Jeremiah – I just meant for Dino, but the J stuff, yeah that’s great to hear there’s already a masters out! I hope that doesn’t take til next year. This is great news, Jeremiah what would we o without you!?!

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

haha! You guys usually have more info that I have 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.