Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Headphones

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

SG
    Participant

Can any of you suggest a good pair of headphones?the pair I have now suck,it`s a Sony stereo headphones MDR-CD280 that cost me $49.95 canadian.Do I have to spend over $100 to get a good sounding pair.the pair I have are too bass heavy,the guitars sound muddy and the snare drum is hard to hear.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

eggwater
    Participant

I bought these…the guy in the shop said they were the best…I have to agree they are tremendous. AKG K141 Monitor.

???

eggwater
    Participant

SG
    Participant

From 1993 to last year I had a pair of earphones that were amazing,but over time they were a mess of dust and dirt,the covers had to be changed every 2 years or so,and close to shorting out.In august of last year I bought those headphones thinking they would be as good as earphones,of course thay were different but they were around the same price,so I expected them to be the same.
    Last christmas and on my birthday I tried out some other ones,one at the same price but smaller which was too trebly,and one that was $30 more that louder but seemed to pick up a lot of hiss,even from CD.So I took both of them back,which is something I never do,I never return items,but I did`nt see the point in keeping them.
    They don`t even make the earphones I had anymore so I can`t buy that kind.
    Thanks to Eggwater for his suggestion.
    ELJ-if you heard the earphones I used to have you`d be amazed by the sound.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by salamiguy:
    <STRONG>
    ELJ-if you heard the earphones I used to have you`d be amazed by the sound.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What were they? What did they cost? I’m willing to pay to be enlightened. [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

As I said in my last post,they don`t make them anymore.They were Sony earphones,I don`t know what they were called,they cost me$44.95 in 1993.They had an amazing sound,the guitars would screach your ears off when you turned them loud,the drums were very clear,you would never miss a beat and bass lines were easy to follow.I don`t know if I will ever find anything like them again.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Salamiguy, I have the same pair of Sony headphones you do. I think they’re great. Guess I don’t have as distinguishing of tastes in my headphones as you. [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

I guess the guitars are a bit muddy.

eggwater
    Participant

you will, you find better.

AKG K141!!!!!

they are awesome…trust me…

they cost me over 50 english clams though.

this translates to over 100 CADs!!!! bit more than yr sony’s

SG
    Participant

I will look for them,Eggwater.I kind of thought I will have to pay over $100 for them.

eggwater
    Participant

they look kool too. Big Fucking Gold Things!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.