Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Have you bought or listened to any great albums lately ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #51160
    Avatar
    Robert
    Participant

    I’ve had four weeks off from work and most of that time I’ve spent long ways away from the internets and rest of what may be described as societey. Thusly I need your help.
    On saturday I’m going to bring a bottle of rum to my vinyl pusher and get my fix. I allready have some names jotted down, but if you have heard anything you think I should buy, please feel free to enlighten me.
    Albums I’ve allready listened to and have decided on:
    Japandroids – Post Nothing
    Eels – Hombre Lobo
    Pavement – Brighten The Corners Nicene Creeders edt on 4×12"
    Yeah Yeah Yeah’s – It’s Bliss
    Dirty Projectors – Bitte Orca
    Gallows – Grey Britain
    Phoenix – Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
    Felice Brothers – Yonder Is The Clock
    Death – For The Whole World To See

    I’m even going to go completely mental and buy a compact disc. Farm deluxe edt warrants an deviation from the rule.

    #135880
    Avatar
    essgee09
    Participant

    The Bats-The Guilty Office

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqgZ-Pu0yss fqgZ-Pu0yss

    Bats leader Robert Scott was in The Clean which Pavement often said is one of the their fave bands

    The Church-Untitled #23

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGrFQu_x9Jk oGrFQu_x9Jk

    Moody and subtle.23 albums,29 years in the biz

    Eilen Jewell-Sea Of Tears

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTuBoqon4JA CTuBoqon4JA

    Eilen mixes up country,folk,blues,and rockabilly with her calm voice and cool guitar riffs

    #135881
    Avatar
    Robert
    Participant

    I liked the Bats, I liked them enough to be a bit sad when I couldn’t find their newest effort on vinyl.

    #135882
    Avatar
    essgee09
    Participant
    "Robert" wrote:
    I liked the Bats, I liked them enough to be a bit sad when I couldn’t find their newest effort on vinyl.

    It just got released in the USA on the Hidden Agenda label.Probably easier to find than the NZ label.Hope you find it
    I found The Church`s first album on vinyl recently.I was really happy about that :D

    #135883
    Avatar
    essgee09
    Participant

    Minisnap-Bounce Around

    The Bats minus Robert Scott with Kaye Woodward taking the vocals and writing the songs

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufpnifV3yzQ ufpnifV3yzQ

    #135884
    Avatar
    girl
    Participant

    Oh let’s see…What did my last purchases consist of…Hmmmm…
    I know I bought Farm
    Wilco (even though everyone I know secretly hates them)
    Pheonix
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs but I ended up giving this away way ways
    Ida Maria ~ Fortress Round My Heart (Thanks to a very nice Norwegian boy who kind of looks like a lesbian) :D Oh! And seeing her next month!
    Earlimart ~ Mentor Tormentor
    The Spinto Band ~ Nice and Nicely Done
    The Helio Sequence ~ Keep Your Eyes Ahead
    The Walkmen ~ Everyone who pretended to Like Me Is Gone
    The Thermals ~ Now We Can See
    The Concretes ~ In Colour
    Neko Case ~ Middle Cyclone Also seeing her next month!

    And maybe some other stuff but I forget. But I doubt any of this is relevent seeing how a lot of these albums came out 5-10 years ago. :lol:

    #135885
    Avatar
    Robert
    Participant
    "girl" wrote:
    Wilco (even though everyone I know secretly hates them)

    My hate for Wilco is out in the open so you can’t be referring to me. I bought the Ida Maria album when it was released on vinyl, but I’ll see if they’ve got some of the other stuff you listed.
    and here I was thinking I was your only norwegian. unless I look like a lesbian. I don’t know which is worse.

    #135886
    Avatar
    girl
    Participant
    "Robert" wrote:
    My hate for Wilco is out in the open so you can’t be referring to me.

    I don’t think I’ve ever heard you say you hated Wilco so yes maybe I was referring to you. You and that guy standing behind you wearing a hat. And nothing else.

    Quote:
    I bought the Ida Maria album when it was released on vinyl, but I’ll see if they’ve got some of the other stuff you listed.
    and here I was thinking I was your only norwegian. unless I look like a lesbian. I don’t know which is worse.

    I was actually tipped off to her a few years back through her myspace. Oh! Maybe that should be another topic…Bands you discovered through myspace.

    #135887
    Avatar
    Robert
    Participant
    "girl" wrote:
    I don’t think I’ve ever heard you say you hated Wilco so yes maybe I was referring to you. You and that guy standing behind you wearing a hat. And nothing else.

    I’ve told you time and time again, that’s just my reflection. My reflection is allways naked.

    "girl" wrote:
    I was actually tipped off to her a few years back through her myspace. Oh! Maybe that should be another topic…Bands you discovered through myspace.

    What a relief, I’m not the norwegian lesbian boy ! Happy days.

    Oh my goodness, I can hear Bon Jovis Blaze of Glory coming out of someones office. I was promised revenge when I played through Flippers catalog a couple of months back, but that anyone could be so cruel as to play Bon Jovi was beyond my wildest dreams.

    #135888
    Avatar
    essgee09
    Participant

    Bon Jovi is more the enemy than Wilco.Though I have`nt bought a Wilco album since 1996

    #135889
    Avatar
    Robert
    Participant

    That probably goes without saying. And for the record, Wilco is no enemy of mine, I just find it a bit…dare I say boring ?

    #135890
    Avatar
    essgee09
    Participant

    I was starting to get bored with Being There.Some songs good but some bleh.I knew then I had enough of Tweedy
    Flipper!He lives in a world under the sea! :D

    Get out some Guitar Wolf for your co workers GEEETAR! 8)

    #135891
    Avatar
    girl
    Participant
    "Robert" wrote:
    What a relief, I’m not the norwegian lesbian boy ! Happy days.

    There is nothing wrong with being a Norwegian lesbian boy…he looked very nice in a scarf when I fantasized about us lezzing out together… :lol:

    Quote:
    Oh my goodness, I can hear Bon Jovis Blaze of Glory coming out of someones office. I was promised revenge when I played through Flippers catalog a couple of months back, but that anyone could be so cruel as to play Bon Jovi was beyond my wildest dreams.

    Maybe it’s Barney playing his Get Psyched mixed cd that he never leaves home without. People think a mix needs to rise and fall. I say rise rise rise…

    #135892
    Avatar
    Robert
    Participant
    "girl" wrote:
    Maybe it’s Barney playing his Get Psyched mixed cd that he never leaves home without. People think a mix needs to rise and fall. I say rise rise rise…

    That is such a classic !
    +thanks for paying attention and watching the stuff I tell you to watch :D

    Imagine going on a search for the source of the music and finding Barney in an office, telling my to suite up and get ready for a night of laser tag and picking up girls by telling them we’re in the peace corps or brain surgeons.

    #135893
    Avatar
    girl
    Participant
    "Robert" wrote:
    That is such a classic !
    +thanks for paying attention and watching the stuff I tell you to watch :D

    That’s me…The ever obedient girl

    Quote:
    Imagine going on a search for the source of the music and finding Barney in an office, telling my to suite up and get ready for a night of laser tag and picking up girls by telling them we’re in the peace corps or brain surgeons.

    While we sip Thankstinis which consist or cranberry juice, potato vodka and a beef boullion. :lol:

    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.