Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Has J/dino ever been in Finland?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Aatos
    Participant

Does anyone know if J or Dino jr ever had a concert in Finland? If they have, where?

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey Aatos, I checked this fine Dino/ J concert chronology, and I couldn’t find Finland there…

It’s a great list, although it isn’t 100% complete, I think :?

Aatos
    Participant

Nice site.
    I just dont get it, what is wrong with Finland? Heres not enough audience? Too close the Russians? I dont know any good rockband than some really big names who have been in Finland. How is it possible to get any artists here? Maybe i should begin somekind of work(when i get older) where i can make some things happen..

Mostly cool artists go to Sweden but not Finland.. :cry: :cry:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

yeah, looks like they don’t have Finland on their map, yet :|
    … so it should be a great task to show the world that many fans there are all just waiting for some cool gigs :) :P

Aatos
    Participant

yeah. But actually i dont know anyone else here who listen to dino/j stuff… so its no wonder that they dont do gigs here. J/dinofog dont sell enough albums here?

rambleon
    Participant

hey, that concert chronology website is great ! …

he definitely missed out the london garage show the day after the brixton academy show in 1994 …

i had just permanently moved to london and i bought 2 tix to see dinosaur jr at the brixton academy … one for me and one for my soon-to-be-husband … he plays guitar and is really into guitar bands, but he had never seen j + co live … we went to the show but we didn’t think it was that spectacular due to the bad sound they have in there … v.echoey … which was a total bummer … anyhow as we were leaving these people were handing out fliers and they said dinosaur jr were going to be playing a secret show the next night at the garage (think i still have the fliers somewhere in storage), which was on the same road where we were living at the time (in fact even now it’s just a 15 min walk away) … anyhow … you couldn’t buy tix in advance b/c it had just been announced so there was a bunch of us all lined up against the wall just waiting for the doors to open and hoping we’d get in … and we did and we stood right in front of j the whole time and it was just AMAZING … and from that point on my husband was converted into a j fan :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Aatos
    Participant

Cool! If J is evergoing to have a gig in Sweden(he has been there before) i must go and see it..

FlyingCloud
    Participant

nice story, rambleon :)
    I totally overlooked it so far :| so thanks for pulling this thread up, Aatos :P
    hope you’ll see J/ J&the Fog whenever they come over to Europe again :D

simmons
    Participant

he’s been to norway, too, I think three times. once with dinosaur jr around 91′ at Cafe Mono in Oslo.. and then in 2001 and 2002 at SoWhat in Oslo. So you’ll better make your train tickets include norway , too.. :)

Aatos
    Participant

Yeah, offcourse! And soon i wont be underaged anymore so i can trasvel easier.. :D

Aatos
    Participant

By the way, its weird that i have "98 posts" in all of my messages in this topic.. Hehe

Bucky Ramone
    Participant
    "Aatos" wrote:
    By the way, its weird that i have "98 posts" in all of my messages in this topic.. Hehe

Now it says 99…..

Post another one, and it says 100 in all of your messages (everywhere), in cricket terms: "a century", no mean feat….. :wink: :lol:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

yeah, the post count is not chronological, but you always see the absolute number of posts.
    well I guess travelling is not that easy for the underaged, but maybe cheaper :?

Aatos
    Participant

Oops… Ok, i should have get that.. :roll:

Aatos
    Participant

My English.. :oops:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.