Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kurt
    Participant

Happy 45th J, hope it’s a good one. Can’t wait for the new album.

simmons
    Participant

happy birthday.

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Indeed! Hope it is a great one

mind_glow
    Participant

Happy Birthday from me too

Yeah Right
    Participant

And me :D

Windseer
    Participant

He was listed under celebrity birthdays in my paper today. Have to say I was pretty surprised.

empire3

Happy Birthday J, You know what they say when you hit 45!? Bring out two albums in 2011 and tour the UK for them both…… :D

Have a good one

D.E
    Participant

happy birthday! :D

Annastefka
    Participant

Happy Birthday J Mascis…what a wonderful time of the year to be born…many folks are moving deeper into their advent adventure…opening their hearts to the real meaning of Christmas…the darkest days of the year are upon us….but we know soon, we will celebrate the arrival of…the sun (son)….giver of warmth and light! I had two babies in November…and I still remember the joy of holding those little bundles in my arms on Christmas Eve.
    Many Mothers of Sag’s must have that same feeling…if these Mothers only knew…that so many of their little Sagittarius’ would grow up to be such energetic curmudgeons. I ran into a well known drummer here in Athens the other day…he is a Sagittarius…he joined me at my lunch table since….gemini’s and sag’s tend to enjoy their alone time but don’t seem to get enough of it…we were both eating alone and decided to eat together. OMG…after listening to him talk for 5 minutes…I said….Brother…you know I love you but dude.., your Native American Name would have been…"Energetic Curmudgeon" (you know those type of Native American names lilke..morning light/running dear/gentle rain. He did give me his end of the year… 10 most crappiest musicians to work with in Athens list…and the reasons why. At least we could find some humor in the bubbling over whelming, at the end of his rope frustration feeling his having.

I found this on the internet and sent it to him…now I’m posting it here for J on his birthday!

A curmudgeon’s reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They’re neither warped nor evil at heart. They don’t hate mankind, just mankind’s absurdities. They’re just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy. They ease the pain by turning hurt into humor. . . . . . They attack maudlin-ism because it devalues genuine sentiment. . . . . . Nature, having failed to equip them with a serviceable denial mechanism, has endowed them with astute perception and sly wit.
    Curmudgeons are mockers and debunker’s whose bitterness is a symptom rather than a disease. They can’t compromise their standards and can’t manage the suspension of disbelief necessary for feigned cheerfulness. Their awareness is a curse.
    Perhaps curmudgeons have gotten a bad rap in the same way that the messenger is blamed for the message: They have the temerity to comment on the human condition without apology. They not only refuse to applaud mediocrity, they howl it down with morose glee. Their versions of the truth unsettle us, and we hold it against them, even though they soften it with humor.

– JON WINOKUR

Annastefka
    Participant

Oh dear…I think that should have been running DEER…although, my first little one sure enough was a "running dear"…I was in a hurry when I posted that. I gave all my kids a Native American name based on the circumstances of their little births…the first was…"Morning Light" the second was "Dreaming Bear"…the third was "Gentle Rain" and the last little guy "Crunk-tavius"..or "Crunky" for short.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.