Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Happy Birthday Annastefka

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    essgee09
    Participant

When you wake at dawn
    next to your special Juan
    The realization hits your brain like Bonham`s drumsticks
    ‘lord I`m 46!’
    Age is only a number
    so go back to your slumber
    You need`nt worry about time knockin
    you just keep on rockin :mrgreen:

Happy birthday!!! :D 8) :) :P

girl
    Participant

Happy Birthday Stef! I hope your day is filled with sunshine, hugs and those cardboard cut outs of bad guys that you see in movies like Police Academy so you can shoot them wild west style. *kiss*

Robert
    Participant

Congratulations, Stefka ! I hope you get tons of buttbumps and warm hugs. And I really hope you’ll film the whole sequence of you shooting card board bad guys !

Annastefka
    Participant

Thanks guys…I had a great day…I spent it with my sis in Atlanta..she did all the cooking and I just hung out reading all day long. I read about the use of one of the first submarines by the confederate army during the civil war. Fascinating, I had no idea there was a submarine in use during the civil war…a rather crude one, that had to be hand cranked and often filled up with water killing most everyone inside. I would consider it submarine fail really, but an "A" for ingenuity on the side of the South.

Now over to Noel’s blog to see if there is anything new.

tom
    Participant

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PunkyJ
    Participant

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

essgee09
    Participant
    "Annastefka" wrote:
    I read about the use of one of the first submarines by the confederate army during the civil war. Fascinating, I had no idea there was a submarine in use during the civil war…

I wonder if this has to do with the Sparklehorse album title Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot?

tonas

Yes, happy belated Birthday Stefka! :D

built_to_spill
    Participant
    "tonas" wrote:
    Yes, happy belated Birthday Stefka! :D

Ditto!
    :)

girl
    Participant
    "Annastefka" wrote:
    I read about the use of one of the first submarines by the confederate army during the civil war. Fascinating, I had no idea there was a submarine in use during the civil war…a rather crude one, that had to be hand cranked and often filled up with water killing most everyone inside.

Ah yes…The moon roof seemed like such a good idea on paper…

Annastefka
    Participant
    "girl" wrote:
    Ah yes…The moon roof seemed like such a good idea on paper…

Yes, girl…something like that…well, they had a little problem with the sub filling up with water and twice it sank only to be discovered with with the bodies of dead soldiers inside…they raised it up, cleaned it out, dried it out…and set it out to battle again with a new group of soldiers on board.

As a person who was raised by true Southern Grandparents…my Grandfather was still bitchin’ about the Civil War in the 1970’s, I must say….the war was not just about slavery….slavery was/is horrible…the problem was that…oh, never mind…but, I hope it’s understood, that the Northern states were pretty dependent on our cheap cotton and fruits…free labor wasn’t free…and Southern folks just got a little triggered because they felt they were being turned around and "hit" from the backside. I’m sure the women were powdering themselves and their babies and were not a part of the decision to go to war…but most men get real uptight when they feel they are being "controlled" by someone else…forced into things…and being told what to do.
    Oh, my Grandfather had issues with Blacks, Jews and Yankees..so sad because he was an educated, sophisticated man, and yet still his heart was so closed down and he was so hateful…but my Sister and I (and our cousins) had fun times, while visiting him, we would all stay up late, drinking and wishing things like….Well, I just want to say, Lenny Kravitz was our little piece of heaven, he was a black, Yankee and a Jew all in one body. We sort of created a celebrity show down in our minds before the show ever happened…Lenny Kravitz VS. my Grandfather. I must say, my Mother, God rest her soul, was so determined to not be like her Father, that my sister and I had our fill of Happy Jewish lessons. My Mother took us to a Jewish temple in Memphis, and lit Hanukkah candles for fun during the holidays. She found a recipe for potato latkies and made them for our family. My cousins and I spent time together this weekend and we are all amazed that we are not more fucked up than the fairly normal amount of fucked up that we currently are. (LOL)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.