Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Guns N Roses may be big again

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

ruudm
    Participant

Sadly enuff I listened to GnR but they are basically corporate rock. Slash was a good guitarist, a little to interested in image. Without him however there really isn’t a GNR cause Axl is no mastermind.

Rich
    Participant

Guns N Roses may have been a little cporate rock but its funny how the whole appetite album was written when they close to being homeless and werent even close to a record deal

Jebus
    Participant

Wow, i’m getting into this thread late…i’m not very observant.

I’d venture to guess that when "Appetite" hit the streets, very few posters here were listening to rock-type stuff. I picked up "Live Like a Suicide" (the EP that was on the "other" side of "Lies") when I was about 16 and was very energized. When Appetite hit, the first time I put the cassette in my truck stereo, all I could do was sit and stare. Gn’R, in their heydey (which, admitedly, didn’t last very long) were a phenomenal rock n’ roll band. Yes they were sloppy. Yes, sometimes the attitude meant more than the actual music. Yes, the whole "I can do more drugs and drink more Jack than you" image was a little trite…but for them it was very real. I’d give anything for bands today to have their attitude….instead of lecturing me about some dumbass political affiliation or begging me to save a tree in South America. Admitedly, I’ll never listen to another Gn’R album again b/c I thought the "Illusion" stuff was pure crap….Axl began to believe all the press and they no longer had the same attitude. Not to mention the songs were pretty weak. But in their prime man, they were incredible. What SPIN was trying to say with their cover was not that we actually needed Axl, per say, but the "rock n’ roll" attitude.

The sexist thing is an absolute riot. How long have ya’ll been listening to rock music?? It’s pretty much sexist by definition.

To each his own, but i’m off to spin a copy of "Appetite" and i’m sure i’ll enjoy the hell out of it.

<FONT>[ May 13, 2001 12:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebus ]</font>

Rich
    Participant

amen jebus, now if any of you can listen to GNR lies and the last 4 songs and say they suck, well i feel sorry for you One In A Million still makes me feel a little emotional even though its not politically correct at all, and the sweet child o mine solo almost brings me to tears

Javro

I accept your pity. I hear his hair transplant went slightly "awry" and he is left with scars all over his head.

In the wise words of Nelson a la Simpsons

"ha ha".

Javro

I accept your pity. I hear his hair transplant went slightly "awry" and he is left with scars all over his head.

In the wise words of Nelson a la Simpsons

"ha ha".

Rich
    Participant

I heard that Chinese Democracy may be coming out this year, and btw I no longer care

snow
    Participant

Check out ‘crash diet’ off this page…

http://www.mygnr.com/next/next.html”>http://www.mygnr.com/next/next.html

And all of this page, esp. ‘november rain’

http://www.mygnr.com/demo/demo.html”>http://www.mygnr.com/demo/demo.html

hail g’n’r… there is magic going on… 8)

crazycloud
    Participant

axle rose needs to take his fake ass dread wearing fat ass to hong kong … the only time welcome to the jungle sounds good is at a hockey game, and honckey seasons cancelled…. no slash no gnr… axle is a prick for kicking him out…

snow
    Participant

I definately meant w/Slash… same for Metallica… one of the best bands ever, with Cliff… w/out Cliff, one of the best cover bands ever…

rosa
    Participant

wow, my old posts are now attributed to "no". haha. I feel so loved!

can I just say that I’ve watched the video for "Slither" on on-demand about five hundred times because I’m still smitten with Slash in my old age? I think I can.

Mattman
    Participant

That’s weird… The "no" part that is. (OK, the Slash part’s a little weird too! :P )

You’re not the first to be hit by the "no" monster, though I don’t know what causes it…

Anthony
    Participant

i’m going to see Velvet Revolver tomorrow night. wooohooo!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.