Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

ammaringnyc
    Participant

Well J still has more money than most of us I am sure and everything was probably covered by insurance but his guitars were very valuable and I think we should try and get him one. There are like 1500 members. If we all pooled together $1 each we could get him a nice jazzmaster. Everytime he plays it would have a bit of each of us. I would like to try and do it soon like a week or two so let me know what you think.

malcom
    Participant

1. Actually there are only about 25 "acting" members at any one time. If you look at the memberlist you’ll see that most of the people haven’t even posted.

2. set it up secure like (with paypal or something similar) and I’ll do it.

Karbear
    Participant

I’d be willing. Just let me (us) know how!

AGAP
    Participant

I’m in :aliensmile:

Malcom the site gets over 800 individual visits a day, few more than 25. lurkers count in my opinion: :wink:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey ammaringnyc, good thing to think about all the lost gear & equipment, all the lost guitars & other instruments :( even if J has (hopefully :!:) a good fire insurance, these things are hard to replace.
    Thanks a lot for the offer to organize that kind of thing!

yeah it’s true, we shouldn’t forget all these crowds of invisible guests on the site who aren’t registered, yet ;) [img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/wavey.gif[/img]

I’d maybe give more than 1 $, but how much anyone wants to give or can give is each one’s free decision, I think.

ammaringnyc
    Participant

Well, I would actually give like $50 bucks to actually see J play a guitar that we gave him. I have a paypal account so we could use that but the biggest thing is getting people involved. I don’t know if Jeremiah likes the idea but he could send out an email to all the members and have them all respond in a list that says yes or no and how much. When we have that then we could worry about the payment.

ammaringnyc
    Participant

Flying Cloud,

Did you or anyone for that matter want to hear some of the music I’ve made lately, there is a knid of cover of blowing it/I live for that look. email me at [email protected]

malcom
    Participant

VF, I was guesttimating about how many regular and semi-regular posters we have. Posting twice doesn’t really count as a member in my book.

AGAP
    Participant

A good guesstimate is just that a guess, I was trying to give you some facts.

I count those members who only post a few times, one of them just took the trouble to burn & mail out a show he had transferred from dat to cd for us to share with the world. He contacted us before the show privately, taped the show, transferred it to cd, mailed it out, quite the effort from a very cool member. So they definitely count in my book no matter how many posts they make, lurkers count as well. Guess its a good thing you’re not doing the counting :aliensmile:

Ammaringnyc we may be sending out a newsletter soon, we will add this thread and your idea to the news. Hopefully you get lots of replies, definitely a cool idea :!:

ps like FC said if people decide to go for this it’s down to them to, whatever they want to give is cool…I’m in for fifty

Hatchetface
    Participant

Id be more than happy to help out with a new guitar or any kind of gear for J.. That really sucks about his studio- but again its good to hear that no one was hurt- its definately a good idea for everybody to chip in and get him something if they want to. Just let me know how.

SG
    Participant

I think a benefit show in Boston or NYC might be a better idea,J has alot of friends in bands that I`m sure would help out;there`s not enough people here for it to add up to the cost of a guitar.
    Or we could try to contact Ozzy :wink:

Booblube2
    Participant

definately, J’s my all time favorite musician. he rocks out. :D

ammaringnyc
    Participant

Well it seems like a guitar is impossible to try and collect for but if anyone was interested I was thinking about getting him a TZF flanger, they are the coolest and I can ask the maker if J has one already. Flying cloud said he would chip 50 bucks and I would to so thats 100 so all we need is like 300 more or 15 people to chip 20 bucks. I would pay 15 bucks just to hear the pedal its so cool let alone J playing with it maybe even on the tour. As far as payment we could use mine or somebody elses paypall or Dave Fox who makes the pedal might be able to take all of our payments in increments if we have a list of all the people and the right amount of money.

flyingcloud72
    Participant

Well, I don’t think we should discount the guitar idea yet. There are a lot of people such as myself that come on this site but don’t necessarily post that often. Plus, I just figured out that my username was flyingcloud72 as opposed to my old log in username (each year I get older the dumber I get with respect to technology). Maybe we should see how much we can raise for a new axe, and if it falls short then go with the pedal. Just a thought but I think the guitar idea was great and possibly doable.

ammaringnyc
    Participant

Valentine Frankenstein,
    Hey Valentine I’m down for 50 and Flying Cloud so that would be 150. We really need to get this going because I would like to be able to present him with whatever it is at the first show Sunday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.