Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Guilty Pleasures. . .

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Salamiguy,

I was shocked and horrified to find another bee gee’s reference in your list… [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]
    Just kidding, but if it continues hypnosis may be the only cure for that kinda illness [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/newangel.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Another Girl Another Planet:
    <STRONG>
    Just kidding, but if it continues hypnosis may be the only cure for that kinda illness [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]
    </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BeeGees!?! No, no, the only cure for that illness is drowning with extreme predjudice. [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Just kidding, salami, much love. [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

I posted that on jun19th so the bee gees reference that I mentioned today just came up unintential.That Sgt. pepper movie just sucks and is really strange as I mentioned.I problably could have come up with a better movie to mention.
    There`s these two guys on the college station who both admitted they love old bee gees records.Very scary!One guy is a huge Stooges fan and the other guy loves Husker Du.
    I don`t like the bg`s but check out that cover song I mentioned in the earliest music memory section.I`m going to look for an mp3 of it but I doubt there is one.

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Salmiguy,

Nothing wrong with your choice of movie…hey check our some of my guilty pleasures…YIKES.
    The bg’s thing, I don’t know, seems like a Hopeless Case Of A Kid In Denial kind of thing… [img]images/smiles/converted/cwm12.gif[/img] When those things keep popping out from the cobwebs in our brains there is usually something to it [img]images/smiles/converted/cool_shades.gif[/img]

So hey, not sure I can check out that song though…ptsd and all from all the bg referencing going on [img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img] but might after some medication [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Allison…you know I’m just messing with you right [img]images/smiles/converted/bounce.gif[/img]

irishwhip
    Participant

What’s wrong with the Bee Gees? I really like them. Man you gotta love those haircuts, unbelievable white teeth and highpitch vocals!!
    OK, I don’t listen to it a lot, but when I hear it on the radio I don’t and won’t turn it off.

On TV I always really like Beverly Hills 90210. It’s really great, I can really identify with them, because I’m the same age. And it reminds me off the years I still went to school and had no obligations at all.

CU, Pim

<FONT>[ July 05, 2001 07:46 AM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by Irish Whip ]</font>

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Irishwhip,

Glad you like them, they frighten me with all those things you talked about….some people have their triggers..they are mine [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

Allison..who hopes salamiguy knows she was just kidding around [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

malcom
    Participant

My name is Malcom, and I like the Bee Gee’s.

And don’t be embarrased, we’re all baring our souls here.

defduck
    Participant

i was talking about this at a party i was at last night. and i was saying how people wouldnt understand it if i said i liked billy joel.

im proud to like everything i listen to, so i dont really feel guilty. but other people dont get it.

SG
    Participant

I once bought a Billy Joel tape,this was before
    I got into punk/indie music.It seems punk/indie rockers don`t like to mention the music they were into in their past,but music sticks in your head for years so it`s kind of hard not to admit to liking a uncool artist,cool is just a opinion anyway of what it is or not.
    You think I like to admit the first cd I bought was Genesis?I heard that Pat Smear of the Germs favorite band is Yes!

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

I think its hard for anyone to understand a persons specific guilty pleasure thing. A lot of times the song/group is related to an event/person thats means something specific to me….ie personal context.

I agree with defduck that people just don’t get it, but should they??? Fact is if it makes you happy or you remember some specific memory/feeling related to a song…thats very cool just difficult to share.

Definitely agree nobody has anything to be embarrassed by listing anything they listen to.

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

ps….I was just joking around with salamiguy, sorry about not being clear about that [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Robert
    Participant

It’s confession time again for me. Got a bunch of boots in the mail today, one of them was a show from rock am ring by evanescence or something like that. I haven’t heard about the band before(got in a vine-tree I subscribed to) but something tells me that this is really hyped and that I should feel guilty for listening to it.. Not to mention that I actually enjoy it….. So there you have it.

FlyingCloud
    Participant

cool to pull this topic up :) Evanescence :D

I rarely talk about it, but when the musical "Phantom of the Opera" was played in my city for several years, I couldn’t get enough of it, I’ve been in there about 5 or 6 times (with free tickets, but anyway).
    Nothing cool about it, all big kitsch, but it made me melt away :oops:

…nobody believed me that I was true about it, they all thought I was ironic :| :?

SG
    Participant

If you like Evanescence you should check out Lacuna Coil;alot of people say Evanescence are ripping off Lacuna Coil`s style,I dunno.But Lacuna Coil have a female singer that sorta sounds like a goth Madonna :D and a male singer that should shut up cuz he sounds like a James Hetfield wannabe :P I just ignore him and focus on the female singer.

Robert
    Participant

Thanks for the tip Salami! Madonna goth style sounds fun :D
    Speaking of James Hetfield wannabe, if you haven’t allready you should check out Beatallica. Beatles songs with a twist, done metallica style. And the singer sounds disturbingly simular to Hetfield. So much in fact that in the beginning there were rumours about this being a metallica sideproject.
    Get your Garage Dayz Nite here: http://mclub.te.net.ua/vcat.phtml?action=va&singer=361″>http://mclub.te.net.ua/vcat.phtml?action=va&singer=361

And the good thing is that they’ve only released mp3’s, so finding them and downloading them at soulseek should be no problem, and you don’t even have to feel guilty about it!

*sophie*
    Participant

i think my main problem is to assume all i like….
    but maybe should i hide some of my likings…like :

– george michael,
    – sylvester stallone movies,
    – animal printings on clothes :shock:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.