Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Guilty Pleasures. . .

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeremiah:
    <STRONG>Xanadu </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

giggles [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

jeremiah
    Keymaster

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by everyonelovesjaron:
    <STRONG>

giggles [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey hey there [img]images/smiles/converted/angryrazz.gif[/img]

[img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeremiah:
    <STRONG>

hey hey there [img]images/smiles/converted/angryrazz.gif[/img]

[img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not picking, just remembering that film in my head…

jeremiah
    Keymaster

I figured that’s why I threw in the [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Rich
    Participant

i am very ashamed of this but theres a lot of rod stewart songs i dig, and i dont know why please dont laugh at me i think it is a serious problem. I NEED HELP

ROD IS BAD

ROD IS BAD

Robert
    Participant

when it comes to movies… I almost, for a fraction of a nano second, found some appealing scenes in the horrible Coyote Ugly puke-a-ton movie…but I quickly found out that was just my normal response, as a guy, to all the light dressed women in the film. When this dawned on me I felt happy to go back hating it, but a bit ashamed as to what my hormones almost tricked me into…

Rod Stewart….? Well… I fully understand that you must be really uncomfortable about this…
    Wish you the best of luck in dealing with your problem. However -the first and most important step is admitting…it can only go up from here [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EvIL MaLCoM LoVeS EveRyOnE:
    <STRONG>
    Song, I admit it, I like some of Third Eye Blinds stuff.

</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that’s a guilty pleasure, then I’m guilty because I love that song Jumper.

Javro

Book – BFG (big friendly giant)

Film – Escape To Witch Mountain (scary as funk when I was a kid, Tony and Tia the flying children lost at sea captured by an evil man in a big house aggggggggggh!)

Song – Joe Le Taxi – Vanessa Paradis (il vas pas partout, il manche pas au soda, son saxo jaune, connait toutes les rues par couer).

[img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

<FONT>[ May 30, 2001 08:30 AM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by Javro ]</font>

Rich
    Participant

Return to Oz is great its so out of this world and creapy i love it till this day i dont think there is anything to be ashamed about creapy movies unless you watch them naked with a bunch of cats crawling around you

malcom
    Participant

I HATE Return to Oz! I watched that movie when I was six and about shit me trousers. Anybody whose read any of the Oz books should know that L. Frank Baum had NOTHING to do with this movie.

malcom
    Participant

xcape to witch mountain has NOTHING on Return to Oz, THAT is a scary movie.

Robert
    Participant

An album that I truly loved when it was released is Green Day’s Dookie. I still listen to it sometimes and reminess about my youth and it’s unbeatable power. God, I felt unstoppable in those days! Now I’m having really mixed feelings towards Green Day. They sold a bit too many records and got hyped well over the limit. I guess I feel a bit ashamed about liking the album, but it’s great to listen to it and think of the "good old days."
    Hmm… I’m 23 and behaving like I’m 60. Hope this isn’t a trend that’s going to continue!

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Robert,

This really hurts but I have to admit I liked Dookie as well, confession doesn’t always feel good though…still hurts. Actually saw them in 94 at a relatively small club with only 500 people at the most, was fun but during that show noted how similar most songs are. They recently have been giving credit to Husker Du for the huge impact they had on their song writing, personally I don’t see it but hey at least they give the credit not just rip it off.

Didn’t buy any more Green Day, got pretty sick of it really fast. Think part of the thrill was that mid 94 I was living out of town to attend school in a very odd place and I finally got to go home full time….back to my life!!! I was giddy for about the first 3 months, it wasn’t my fault it was the elated mental state took away my usually discriminating taste……Yeah Right!!!

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]

jeremiah
    Keymaster

You know, I just saw Return to Oz for the first time last week [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img] It was on one of the HBO’s…

Did you notice that Dorothy is played by Fairuza Balk who was Shade in Gas Food Lodging with J [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

6 degrees not needed I’ll take the point in 2 [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

Guilty pleasures:
    Once in a while I listen to Kate Bush,I have two tapes I bought awile ago;"Never for Ever" and "The Dreaming".`The Wedding List` from never for ever should be covered by PJ Harvey.
    Movie-Sgt. pepper`s lonely hearts club band;that sucky 70`s movie with the Bee Gees
    and Peter Frampton and a cast of musicians that make no sense such as Hank Williams
    jr and jazz sax man Eddie harris.I like the scene when Frampton and Steven Tyler wrestle.
    book-"A Tree Grows In brooklyn"-read it in high school;It`s set in the world war 1 era,the teens I have an intrest in that era like I feel I was there or something.It was a cool time jazz just entered the phonograph age and everything about that era just feels so familar.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.