Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups gregg ginn and dinosaur jr.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    crazycloud
    Participant

so whats the story between greg ginn and dinosuar jr. ???

trensidoh
    Participant

What story ? You mean how Dinosaur ended up putting out stuff for SST ??? :P

stimp
    Participant

Ginn is a weird dude who made and put out great music, I’m surprised he let the old Dino albums go from the SST roster considering he won’t let other stuff go to bands that want to reissue out of print stuff, i.e. the overkill ep.

King Tubby
    Participant

I’m sure if Overkill had as good a lawyer as J, they could get their ep back. So long as the band has achieved enough success to still make them somewhat viable in the marketplace, they can work up enough muscle to get their stuff back from SST if they want to. It took the Meat Puppets a bit of struggle, but they did it. The only reason Husker Du haven’t is because Bob wants full control and the other guys won’t cede it to him. Ginn basically relies on the little sales of the SST catalog to keep him in rent and pot money these days. Too bad those cds sound so crappy — it’d be nice to get some of those Black Flag albums remastered, but he’d never do it. And Bad Brains I Against I needs a remastering something fierce!

SG
    Participant
    "King Tubby " wrote:
    And Bad Brains I Against I needs a remastering something fierce!

Yeah.I taped my copy from a tape from the library.Treble to the nth degree :P

Rhino should step in and buy the SST catalog from Ginn.or at least some label should.

effeks
    Participant
    "SG " wrote:
    "King Tubby " wrote:
    And Bad Brains I Against I needs a remastering something fierce!

Yeah.I taped my copy from a tape from the library.Treble to the nth degree :P

Rhino should step in and buy the <a>SST</a> catalog from Ginn.or at least some label should.

very nice comment , so much bad to "see" the ginn attitude…….. weird guy at the end

effeks
    Participant

and WHY we don’t see any Greg Ginn comment on the WE JAM ECONO document.

kracked873
    Participant

remastered minutemen would be amazing

bhdoug
    Participant
    "kracked873 " wrote:
    remastered minutemen would be amazing

<br><br>indeed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.