Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

AGAP
    Participant

I love that pic, heres a cool use of the girl with cigarette pic on a tour poster from 91, up for sale on ebay…

[img]http://www.freakscene.net/bbs/album_pic.php?pic_id=314[/img]

Carl.
    Participant

i got the green mind shirt at J’s show at the HoB in Hollywood!!!

Carl.
    Participant
    "Coma Girl" wrote:
    I love that pic, heres a cool use of the girl with cigarette pic on a tour poster from 91, up for sale on ebay…

[img]http://www.freakscene.net/bbs/album_pic.php?pic_id=314[/img]

Damn it.. How did I miss that show??? ugh. Oh well. 91 would have been the end of my freshman year (1st try at graduating college), and must have been out of money or something..

ammaringnyc
    Participant

My friend told my the photographer was his teacher and I didn’t believe him untill I saw he is from the same town.

ammaringnyc
    Participant

I just don’t know how J came in contact with the photo.

simmons
    Participant

first time I saw the ‘whatever’s cool with me ‘ video, I thought the girl in the video was the "green mind girl". she looked a bit like her.
    anyway.. a strange story behind the photo. :)

Stormy320
    Participant

So after all these years this girl has never come forward…unbelievable.

Buggin
    Participant

great pic
    great story

i knew id like the album just by the cover
    it was the first Djr i was exposed to and ive been in love ever since

I used to daydream I’d meet her and she’d know all the lyrics
    We’d fall in love and have little dinosaur juniors of our own…

Nakedguy01
    Participant

I thought that was a picture of a guy that was supposed to represent J. in some way.

ovaldisc
    Participant

I used to think it represented someone’s childhood that took place in a small trailer with the parents’ 3 packs a day habit? I don’t even think J smokes (although I did see him in a pic with a fan smoking). I Believe Meat Puppets "to high to die" cover was inspired by the green mind cover.

Elbit
    Participant
    "Lcm1992trv " wrote:
    I Believe Meat Puppets "to high to die" cover was inspired by the green mind cover.

I thought so too.

ovaldisc
    Participant
    Quote:
    I thought so too.

Just because it seemed that way since PRISCILLA on the cover of green mind "kinda" looked like J, that they’d burn ?Curtwood? even more if he had to wear a dress. I could be thinking of another album cover though.

Quote:
    I just don’t know how J came in contact with the photo.

I think one of the guys or girls from Sonic Youth recommended it for the Green Mind cover, but I don’t know.

empire3

I’ve been thinking about what she looked like now.
    Strange with everything online she never said “hey, give me a bag of cash :)”
    I’m surprised nobody at rolling stone or something hasn’t tracked her down as a story…would make a cool piece.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.