Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cloudsofminerva
    Participant

I believe that Green Mind could be the very best of Mascis. All of the Dinosaur Jr and the Fog material is great, but Green Mind really has some of J’s best songs to date. Flying Cloud and Thumb are my two favorites. Flying Cloud could be the best acoustic song that J has ever done. I would love to hear that song live. The Whatever’s Cool With Me EP also has some really good acoustic riffs but does anyone know if there are any rare Mascis songs similar to Flying Cloud or Thumb that were unreleased or on bootlegs or anything? I would apprecaiate the info.

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey cloudsofminerva, welcome here :D

I agree, Green Mind is also one of my big favourite Dino albums and I still enjoy to listen to it very often. Flying Cloud is a wonderful song, and fortunately J still plays it regularly in his acoustic sets, also Thumb, which he plays acoustic, as well as ‘electric’ with the Fog.

You might want to check out FreeSoFree.net where you can download many Dino/ J acoustic/ J&the Fog shows, with several different live versions of these songs. :P

On J’s latest studio album Free So Free (2002) he has two wonderful acoustic songs, ‘If That’s How Its Gotta Be’ (well, at least the first 2 thirds are acoustic) and ‘Someone Said’.

cloudsofminerva
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome. I have the Free So Free album, but I haven’t visited that web address yet I don’t believe. Have you ever heard of Animal Bag? They have this EP entitled Offering that is similar and has some very cool stuff. They were a band that was ultimately silenced because of distribution problems through their label which was Mercury at the time! here is the address… the entire Offering EP is available for download.

http://www.animalbag.org/”>http://www.animalbag.org/

Later.

expect nothing
    Participant

i think Green Mind is a great album, :mrgreen: although i do think another couple of tracks would have worked well, :D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.