Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Great interview with Travis Millard, the artist that did the cover of “I Bet On Sky”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

On September 18, 2012 Dinosaur Jr. will be releasing a new album entitled ‘I Bet On Sky’ via JagJaguwar and you designed its striking cover. How and when were you first approached about doing work for Dinosaur Jr.? What is the story behind this cover?

I’m thrilled to have been able to do this album. Dinosaur Jr. has been a longtime favorite of mine, so I was just excited to hear the record, let alone actually doing the artwork for it. I was contacted by their manager who asked if I was interested and able to talk about it. He said J Mascis likes my stuff but the deadline was very tight and things needed to come together quickly on it. So I gathered a pile of unpublished drawings and made a private link for them to browse. I wasn’t sure if any would fly, but J chose a drawing the next day and we moved on from there.

Full Interview: http://www.ldwt.net/2012/08/coyotes-in-my-backyard-travis-millard/

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.