Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Robert
    Participant

oh, never notices those s-sounds, gotta check for that later.
    as for a more "cleaner sound," if that is what you mean by more expensive producing like Radiohead -not sure I would like the album as much as I do now, really adore the sound/feel of it. But it could perhaps coax more people to get into Dino/J.

simmons
    Participant

yeah that’s mainly my point. "clearer sound" would have made an imput on albumsales perhaps.

from a hobby – psycological view :lol: I think part of the reason I’m not quite saticefied with the production, is that I’m frustrated about the people who’s not into/never discover dinosaur/J because of the not-radiofriendly production. I feel a "clearer production" would turn people into these amazing songs.

hmm.. maybe it’s the people not listening to dinosaur who is the problem, not the production… :?

simmons
    Participant

penistree:

I think the fact that most songs are in the same key (J used capo to match the guitar chords with his pneumnia-soar throath) effects our perception of the album. It bores our brain listening to songs that can be sung over eachother.

So if you would give J some enough bucks and time, maybe he will re-record the whole album, just for you. :P

penis tree
    Participant
    "simmons" wrote:
    penistree:

So if you would give J some enough bucks and time, maybe he will re-record the whole album, just for you. :P

Pfft, he’d better hire a drummer next time.

Anthony
    Participant

the lyrics on without a sound ‘in my opinion’ are defenitely one of the best.

grab it
    over your shoulder

those are all awesome songs and should be listened to at very high volumes.

"take it out on me
    grab it
    that’s your scene"

ammaringnyc
    Participant
    "penis tree" wrote:
    "simmons" wrote:
    penistree:

Pfft, he’d better hire a drummer next time.

What’s that supposed to mean?

ammaringnyc
    Participant

When I finally plan my tr ri ii ii p I know your gonna be there.

Anthony
    Participant

that’s a good one :)

penis tree
    Participant
    "ammaringnyc wrote:
    What’s that supposed to mean?

He makes better albums when he has a band, rather than him on his own.

BlackShoes987
    Participant

I think "Without A Sound" is a pretty cool record and definitely has "Where You Been" beat when it comes to consistency. That being said, I think the high points of "Where You Been" were a bit higher.

"Hand It Over" is great too. The mastering is a little low, but I like the lo-fi sound of it a lot. "Alone" and "Gotta Know" are wicked powerful songs even without more slick, radio friendly production.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.