Home › Forums › General Discussions › Open Topic › Gonzo Imperial Porter-A Tribute to Hunter S Thompson, Flying
- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 17 years, 9 months ago by likeaghost.
August 25, 2005 at 1:08 pm #48401
Pretty pleasing tribute to Hunter S Thompson , gotta love the 9.5% ABV deal…
Apparently they had a golden ticket in one case, couple guys got to attend Hunters big blast off funeral…
…shame they don’t ship to canada [img]http://www.flyingdogales.com/images/gonzo-bomber.gif[/img]
We had to do something to honor our friend and co-conspirator Dr. Gonzo and last time we checked the sign out front said brewery, so it seemed only right to unleash a tribute beer.
Gonzo Imperial Porter will be released in early June and August in a unique Gonzo illustrated four pack. We also have a collectors version of the beer available which has been signed by Ralph Steadman. One of 1500 signed bottles also contains the ‘Gonzo Golden Ticket.’
Like Hunter this beer is deep and complex. Gonzo Imperial Porter has been brewed with black, chocolate and crystal malts, and hopped with Millennium and Cascades. This is a turbo charged version of the Road Dog and at 9.5% ABV it will bite you in the ass if you don’t show it the proper respect.
$1 from each case sold and $10 from each of the signed Steadman bottles will go to the Gonzo Memorial Fund which has been set up to help finance a permanent memorial to Hunter.
Would Hunter have approved? Well weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll never know for sure, however, a swarm of bats was seen hovering over the brewery the other day, so we’re taking that as a thumbs up.
If you have any questions about Gonzo Imperial Porter let fly with an email to [email protected]August 25, 2005 at 10:11 pm #112287
cant wait to get shit faded on that gonzo of a brew..!
rest in peace HunterAugust 26, 2005 at 9:16 am #112288
I lvoe Flying Dog beers. The pale ale was my favorite but this one will soon take it’s place. Ralph Steadman’s drawings are worth the price of the bottle plus, it’s hard to find that stuff on the east coast but now i have a mission…
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)