Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Glastonbury full set – Quick

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    empire3

empire3

The BBC are very (VERY) protective of their stuff
    (Boring segue, You can own a TV in the UK without a licence, But you can’t switch it on šŸ™‚ – and a licence cost about Ā£140?…..Just an FYI you don’t need one to watch BBC Iplayer unless your streaming live!)

Anyway, boring myself…….So I would use YTD video downloader and download this, because I would guess it won’t be up for long.

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

Raisins sounded amazing

doesitfloat
    Participant

yeah, Raisans and Gargoyle i thought were superb, the solos were mental. also the intro to Start Choppin and the way J broke down Freak Scene was great šŸ™‚

empire3

Yep, Love the start choppin’ slight change! Right, It’s 25c and I have just converted the file into mp3 so I’m off the computer & hitting my garden with a book and playing this for the street!!! : )

**You know when someone scores a goal from a corner and you think did he mean that???
    Can’t help but think the same about Freak Scene?? Did he forget the song : ) ha ha

doesitfloat
    Participant

come to think of it i’m not sure haha. it seems like J stopped on purpose but i don’t think he’s done that before..? whatever the case it was cool to see and worked well i think!

Annastefka
    Participant

Thank You….for getting that so I could listen/watch. I planned to just watch the first song and see how Kyle was doing but….I listened to the first song and it was kinda fresh and smoking and then….the second song…Oh, it’s watch the corners…and it sounded so lively and good…I was surprised and then I was liked hooked…I threw my feet up and watched the whole thing, it’s been a loooooong time since I have wanted to do that with a Dinosaur Jr show, especially a festival show….I had promised the kids a trip to the pool and my youngest kept running into the room in his swimsuit and goggles…flailing his arms and mouthing something like “MOM…MOM” and I just kept giving him the “1 second” finger and telling him…”it’s impossible for me to hear you with these headphones on”….only 34 minutes left.

I’m trying to turn over a new leaf and not kick folks when they are down…it’s much easier to just bend over and help them up…but not when they are asleep…you can’t pick a full grown man up off the ground….but kick em a few times and wake em up…then it’s somewhat easier to help them off the ground.

That said…LOL….damn…that show was banging. Sure I might be biased toward Kyle because everyone likes to see a hometown son make good…. and I also think some situations could use a little Gemini inspiration (air) from time to time….fresh air tends to stir things up and move things around in a good way. Everything about that show above sounded good….from the beginning to the end….and I don’t just say that lightly…I’m so jaded by fucking life and tend to complain a lot (Thank God for a partner who is blindly optimistic and positive) After listening to that show…If I were Murph, I would be reeling it in and shaking it off…and getting back up….least he end up in a old Southern saying…”all alone and plucking a two string guitar” . I do remember as a kid hearing that saying ( to describe friends,family and neighbors who were, for whatever reason….isolating and fucking up) and it would set me to thinking….Wow, that sounds like an awesome goal. I want to live alone and pluck a two string guitar. Daddy, Can I have a two string guitar? Certainly felt like it would provide less fucking stress than real life. Easy to see why I had folks kicking me in the face when I got down (for the second time)…and then pulling me up by the pony tail and slamming my teeth into the dirt like a bunch of times. Not fun. Life is so sweet and soft now…It took almost 50 years for me to see that the shitty and heart wrenching situations that life tosses up from time to time provide the grist that grinds and polishes our soul into perfection.

Love to Murph…that was my little bit of “friend-ter-vention” That festival show in England sounds too good to ignore. Although seriously, heads up….there is a group of semi-homeless drummers here in Athens…they have camp stoves, can openers, beer, wine, whiskey, weed and shit. Warm weather 9 months out of the year. Unfortunately..not a lot of girls around (wonder why?) but they don’t seem to mind… they do lots of living out of their vehicles and bitching about “all the hard work of drumming with none of the glory”…it’s like the repeating mantra. They work for 9 bucks an hour. It’s not hard to find a good one ….his work is long and hard, clean and precise…. and dead ass on the money all day long….totally worth the 9 bucks! Oh, I had to edit and add…you sometimes have to remind them that they need to put a shirt on when you get ready to take them out to eat (because it’s been two days since their last meal) and wait until after 4 to pay them…otherwise they start getting fucked up too early and end up wanting to play drums instead of, you know, working. Rebuilding my house with some of these guys right now…not really joking.

I’m trying to be positive…I just read over this post and although I’ve turned over a new leaf…I may need some “tweaking”. Slow work in progress.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.