Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Jon23
    Participant

I don’t know if anyone is checkin’ out Noel’s blog from the European tour, but Murph got sick and had to go home. Hope he’s ok.

Robert
    Participant

If this means George is miraculously hauled in to sit behind the drums, I’m excited. Otherwise I’m a bit sceptical, but hoping for the best.

Yeah Right
    Participant

This was mentioned in the live thread. I made him a get well card to pass on when they played Newcastle before clicking on that it was pretty lame. Kyle Spence is standing in and doing a heroic job. Still, no Murph is no Murph :(

Hope he’s feeling better

Frenchboy
    Participant

When will he come back ? any information or date ?

Yeah Right
    Participant

No news so far. I heard it was a stomach bug. here.

Matthoney
    Participant

On his forums, Lou said it was rehab.

Robert
    Participant
    "Matthoney" wrote:

And that makes the most sense, really.
    Spence…well, I would’ve loved it if it was George, he is way better than Spence in my ears. But Murph is the only Murph.

Yeah Right
    Participant

Oh man. Is he serious? :( I hope he’s ok

Matthoney
    Participant
    "Robert" wrote:
    "Matthoney" wrote:

Spence…well, I would’ve loved it if it was George, he is way better than Spence in my ears. But Murph is the only Murph.

I have to disagree with you there….I didn’t care much for George. I think Kyle is a lot mroe unique in his style, though the way he plays some Dino songs can annoy me sometimes. And Murph is good, but he’s just mimicking J’s parts. Though he does complete the whole JLouMurph triangle of rock, so he’s got that going for him.

I don’t think this will end Dinosaur. They’ll tread on somehow.

Yeah Right
    Participant
    "Matthoney" wrote:
    "Robert" wrote:
    "Matthoney" wrote:

I have to disagree with you there….I didn’t care much for George. I think Kyle is a lot mroe unique in his style, though the way he plays some Dino songs can annoy me sometimes. And Murph is good, but he’s just mimicking J’s parts. Though he does complete the whole JLouMurph triangle of rock, so he’s got that going for him.

I don’t think this will end Dinosaur. They’ll tread on somehow.

It’s been said that J dictates every drum beat, but that can’t be completely true considering the noticeable differences between the drummers. I remember reading something about the differences of J & Murph’s drumming styles. Something about less pep more Zep’….

With regards to Dino rolling on, I kind of agree but… a lot’s been made of the chemistry between the three of them since the reunion. All three members have stated that the unique harmony or diharmony is a huge part of why the’yre sticking together.

That said, rehab ain’t forever.

tom_in_chicago
    Participant

Kyle was basically ‘on call’ from day 1 of the tour so unfortunately it’s not that much of a surprise :(

Chicago_Fog
    Participant

MAN! I wish J would duck in here and talk to us the way Lou does over at Loobiecore.

mind_glow
    Participant

I got a little worried when I saw this picture of Murph at Noels blog.
    He looks so skinny…
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7CiHa1h61n0/S-WPyFeopaI/AAAAAAAABK0/4DsgwBByH8E/s1600/DSCF0006.JPG

empire3
    "Chicago_Fog" wrote:
    MAN! I wish J would duck in here and talk to us the way Lou does over at Loobiecore.

I second that! -Just the odd update or answewr…… unfortunately Fender don’t make computers.

Chicago_Fog
    Participant

I’ll send him a laptop if it meant he’d log in here once in awhile and interact with us. Lou is transcribing lyrics and breaking down financials of the band over there at Loobiecore. It’d be nice to get J’s side of things.

At this point, I’d settle for Kyle ("J’s chosen one on drums") or Noel in here giving us updates. Seems like Lou is the voice of the band facing the Internet Any man that made a song mocking ‘Thumb’ is a man that I’m looking at with a squinted eye. It’s rather well documented he hates J’s lyrics and is an "employee" of J’s. I just think a lot of us would really like to get the info directly from J. When Lou tells people J makes 50% and that he and Murph make 25% each I wonder what use that has to offer other than to stir up trouble….

I mean in a way it’s ultra awesome that Lou is interacting with his side of the fence but I take it all with a grain of salt. It really would be nice to hear thingsupdates from J directly. I’m a dreamer huh?

Oh and get well Murph!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.