Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups George Berz playing drums for Evan Dando

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

jeremiah
    Keymaster

not sure if it has been posted before but it appears George is playing drums for Evan Dando on his current tour.

The new album is very good too if you have not heard it yet!

Thanks to Robb Kahl for the info!

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

….going to see Evan Dando next Sunday at the Melkweg in Amsterdam, looking forward to it! Would be great to see GB (aka Johnbonhamisgod) at work again! 8)

ammaringnyc
    Participant

Yeah

ammaringnyc
    Participant

They are all friends but that would be weird because Murph was Evan’s drummer last time around.

jeremiah
    Keymaster

that is what came to mind when I heard :)

I remember on the first fog tour they left Chapel Hill heading straight up for Evan’s wedding where they performed some stooges tunes with Evan singing :)

SkyforestRobb
    Participant

The line up for the Euro tour is:

Chris Brokaw – guitar (formerly of Come)
    Josh Lattanzi – bass (Ben Kweller)
    George Berz – drums (J Mascis and the Fog)

The line up will change slightly for the US dates as Josh has to head to the studio to lay down bass for Ben Kweller. Bass for the US dates……none other than the lovely Juliana Hatfield. This is the rumor at least. Seems to be the likely choice.

His new album "Baby I’m Bored" is excellent and is out now on Bar None Records. Check out the website for tour dates. Reviews of the Euro shows have been very good.

http://www.evandando.com

I have always thought it would be cool to see J and Evan work/tour together.

AGAP
    Participant

Looking forward to the Minneapolis show :mrgreen:

We have some great reviews of the new disc…

Baby I’m Bored :aliensmile:

Bucky Ramone
    Participant
    "SkyforestRobb" wrote:
    The line up for the Euro tour is:

Chris Brokaw – guitar (formerly of Come)
    Josh Lattanzi – bass (Ben Kweller)
    George Berz – drums (J Mascis and the Fog)

No sign of the band at yesterday’s gig in Amsterdam :roll: , just Evan solo, but it was a great gig! (review coming up shortly in the "I just saw" thread…)

Talked to ED after the gig, there was no band because the bass player had to go back to the US….

FlyingCloud
    Participant

tonight in Hamburg/Germany it was a full band show again, and it was really fine :D

johnbonhamisgod
    Participant

Hey ya’ll. Been out of touch for a little while, but as it turns out you are aware that I’ve been busy. This tour has been going really well thus far. I’m diggin’ all of the other fellows in the band. Let’s just say that Chris Brokaw rules! It’s so fun at soundcheck. Today (Frankfurt) we were busting out Hendrix, Zeppelin and the Stooges. The man is a human jukebox! As for den Buck’s comments, it was a bummer that Amsterdam didn’t turn out to be a band show, but there are worse towns to have an unexpected night off in, if you catch my drift. Let’s just say that the Dutch have it right with regards to their policies on certain issues. As for the Juliana rumors, as of this posting that has been confirmed. Oh well, gotta go. Thanks for the support.

Pelt Sematary
    Participant

Speaking of the ‘Human Jukebox’: At yesterday’s Berlin show Evan & his band played the following during the encore-encore-part:
    1. I’m in Love with your mum (Angry Samoans / Actually VOM as Chris Brokaw pointed out…)
    2. I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend (By…hey, you should know that – let’s just say it made a huuuuge fan of the late, great Jeffrey Hyman and Douglas Colvin veeeery happy – according to Chris again, this also was a surprise to the band!)
    3. Cortez the Killer (Neil JR., sorry, Young…with very improvised lyrics & by popular demand…)

I know this should be in the "Baby I’m Bored" Or the "I just saw…" thread, but it seemed to fit in here so well…
    The band sounded awesome, by the way – although I couldn’t help wondering what it’d have been like w/ ol’ J hittin’ them drums…

I hope George didn’t think I was a total weirdo (no, I wasn’t the drunk guy trying to force you to do a third encore, I was the one who asked you about future Fog plans for a URP-ian-tour, and also remarked that J & The Fog had played in the very same spot 2 1/2 years ago!)

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey George, cool to hear from you 8) :D
    fine that everything’s going well & thanks for the update concerning the line up for the US :)
    have lots of fun on the rest of the tour! :mrgreen:

interesting review, Pelt Sematary, sounds like it was another great show 8) (Neil Jr :lol: )

Bucky Ramone
    Participant
    "johnbonhamisgod" wrote:
    As for den Buck’s comments, it was a bummer that Amsterdam didn’t turn out to be a band show, but there are worse towns to have an unexpected night off in, if you catch my drift. Let’s just say that the Dutch have it right with regards to their policies on certain issues. As for the Juliana rumors, as of this posting that has been confirmed. Oh well, gotta go. Thanks for the support.

Well, the show certainly wasn’t a bummer, you can read my comments somewhere around here in the "I just saw…." topic.

And you are right that Amsterdam certainly has some things to offer for an unexpected night off….. :lol: 8) :wink: (Although that may change, government is working on a law prohibiting smoking almost everywhere, including pubs, restaurants and our [in]famous "coffeeshops" :twisted: :wink: )

FlyingCloud
    Participant

how about a collection of our Evan Dando show reviews, which are spread all over different topics?

Glasgow May 07
    London May 15+16
    Amsterdam May 18
    Hamburg/Germany May 19
    Berlin/Germany May 25

hopefully, there are more to come :D :!:

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Frankfurt May 26 (in German) from gaesteliste.de, with a picture gallery 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.