Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Guitar Room Gear questions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Randy Jane
    Participant

2 questions, what wah does J use? I REALLY hate the one on my Zoom (the FP02).
    Also, has any one ever played a Charvel Surfcaster? Id like to get my mits on one!
    I cant afford a Jazzmaster, but they discontinued the surfcaster so it will go up soon too im sure. [img]images/smiles/converted/frown.gif[/img]

antipop
    Participant

This topic needs to b shifted to the GUITAR ROOM i think [img]images/smiles/converted/flipa.gif[/img]
    later trav [img]images/smiles/converted/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Randy Jane
    Participant

OK, i thought this place would be a bit different than others, fine, if I cant ask 2 friggin simple questions without someone smarting off to me and fliping birds….screw this place!

Mattman
    Participant

This place is different. I cannot speak for Antipop, but I don’t believe his intent was to offend, we tend to kid around here quite often. Never the less, I appologize on his behalf… I hope that you will give this site another chance, I’m am sure that there is someone who knows the answer to your question… [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img]

Antipop, I appreciate the help, but perhaps it is best to leave these matters up to the mods / admons in the future. [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

I’m am moving this thread to the guitar forum though…

antipop
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aNtiPoP:
    <STRONG>This topic needs to b shifted to the GUITAR ROOM i think [img]images/smiles/converted/flipa.gif[/img]
    later trav [img]images/smiles/converted/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this offends you i think u need to chill out abit Randy Jane
    [img]images/smiles/converted/bongsmi.gif[/img]
    later trav
    P.S: If I give any1 of u the shits just let me know and ill never return!(id hate to be a pain in the ass [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] )

<FONT>[ June 16, 2001 03:37 AM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by aNtiPoP ]</font>

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

oh my ass!!!!!!!! It hurts and I can’t stop [img]images/smiles/converted/flush.gif[/img]
    ha ha ha!!! Just kidding Trav! [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Hey this new list of smileys is Sweeeeeeeeet!!! [img]images/smiles/converted/smileystooges.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/flamethrowingsmiley.gif[/img]

malcom
    Participant

I can’t remember offhand, but http://www.guitargeek.com has a complete gear schematic for J.

hope this helpsweb page

eggwater
    Participant

Surfcaster is too quiet…lipstick pickups are not for ROCK. Looks pretty damn fly though.

Randy Jane
    Participant

Dude, that really sucks about the surfcaster man, that like my favorite guitar. I cant get a good Dino sound with my guitars, Ive been through like 20 different guitars (none with a p90….cant afford it…..im only 18!!!) [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

eggwater
    Participant

Buy a crybaby wah and a big muff…simple as that and play big fat chords…if poss try to avoid too many bar chords…let those open strings ring true.

try out telecasters…I’ve played an awesome fake tele my friend has….I play an Gibson SG…it’s got that fat Sabbath sound…cost me £400. I mostly just use my Big muff, Hot tubes and Line 6 delay modeler (the sampler is so handy for layering).

save up for equipment it’s worth it.

Randy Jane
    Participant

Hey yeah, uh, I bought a Tele and it gets this great NOFX tone and my Big Muff really sucks (it sounds just like my Arion Overdrive…almost a disgusting as my "Grunge Pedal") I already have a whole bandworth of equipment, drums, pa, Bass rigg (NICE BASS RIGG!!!) guitar setup and everything most likely why I cant afford to buy anything else.Any sugg, with the big muff (its a new black one). Oh i had thought about an SG Junior Epiphone …..P90!!!!!!!!

eggwater
    Participant

Yr big Muff is a Russian one like mine (except mine’s older and green I got it London for 45 quid)…it’s good though some freak threw a pint of beer over my entire pedal rig at a gig and it’s been a bit weird since and it’s going a bit rusty..still sounds okay though I need a new one…I’ll get a real NYC one next.

My SG is my baby though I think I’m wearing the frets out some are not behave too well…not sure how you sort that shit out.

I would love a telecaster – my friend Rob plays one thru’ a RAT distortion pedal..it’s feedback crazy dude.

I got a whole band of equipment ‘cos I do everything myself…Until I find a drummer as good as George Hurley it’s gonna stay that way…I play drums as well as the next shit drummer if know what I’m saying.

I play in a combo known as ROBOT too…though I just write my parts and play my parts. They’re not my tunes. We play fairly regularly in Manchester…last gig we supported a Japenese band called Acid Mothers Temple (they were awesome).

about to start playing in this heavy metal band called Bane Overlord…it’s a a bit of a joke really…just a group of Sabbath obsessives wiggin’ out.

adam

malcom
    Participant

Regarding the Epi SG Junior, DONT!!!!

The new Epi SG Jr’s are very different from the origional. Mostly because they have a BOLT ON NECK as opposed to the origional’s SET(glued in) NECK. THIS IS A BAD THING. a set neck is an important part of that gibson tone

Randy Jane
    Participant

Hey Eggwater, dude I hear you on the drummer thing. Im gonna move to Nashville with my cousin who plays drums about as good as Dave Grohl ( thats what I think anyways, I wouldnt say it if I didnt mean it). I got my Tele at a local music store for like 45% off because the gromets were a bit rusted! The only thing thats weird with it is it has a humbucker in the neck pos.
    My other cousin plays everything, like myself and you (eggwater). He has a studio in Nashville and does soundtracks for movies…he just got on with Dreamworks! Thats about as exciting as when I learned how to play Out There! [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Im going to the studio next month to record an album. I think theis thing has some potential.

eggwater
    Participant

hey that’s pretty kool. It’s good to do everything yourself but there comes a time when you really wanna just rock it live and you can’t. And it’s frustrating. When we were at 6th form (aged 17) I had a band and we played my tunes, but I’d be showing everyone what to play and I’d have to play drums ‘cos everyone else were totally anti-rhythmic…(they could sort of play the tunes)…anyway the tunes were pretty juvenile (as they still are to a degree – lyrically anyway). The point is I got sick of having to show all the parts all the time so I just started doing all myself.

I know a few guys now who can play but the thing we’re gonna do is like an anti-Nu metal thing…we’ll be taking it back to the Root – Sabbath style…but it’ll be like Spinal Tap ‘cos we are really just goofing around.

(to sort of change the tack) there’s a guitar shop across from where I work…they’ve got a really nice PLexiglass guitar but I bet it sounds like shit…it’s kinda glam though, sort of thing THurston Moore might wire up with fuse wire or something.
    They’ve also got a nice Les Paul Jr with a single p90 at the bridge…bet that sounds nice

adam

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.