Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Guitar Room Freak Scene chords

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mjw666
    Participant

I used to play freakscene chord progression with the simple D, Em and A but Ive always knew it did’nt sound quite right. Last night I played the D but placed my pinky finger on the 5th fret on the first string (so that the note is A instead of F#). This turns the D major chord into a kind of full sounding power chord. I think it sounds much more accurate you should really try it. I dont think the A chord sounds accurate I’m guessing it would be some wierd variation of it. Anyway, do you guys know what type of ‘A’ chord I could use to replace the simple A chord which most people would probably use. The Em still works well with this new D chord but I dont think A does.

ammaringnyc
    Participant

If you watch freakscene from the 1991 year that punk broke or from another video you can see it is the d chord with the pinky on the fifth fret like you discovered, then e minor then the a is played down at the fifth fret with the first finger on the second 3 fret on the b string the second finger on the fourth fret on the g sting and the 3rd finger on the fifth fret on the d string I believe. Itslike an f chord slid down to the fifth fret to make it an a. Then the next part I think he does eminor and a like e minor with only 2 fingerson the second fret I hope this makes any sense. Now all you need is a big muff and electric misstress.

Calimero jr.
    Participant

Never tried to play it that way before, but it surely sounds nice…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.