Home › Forums › Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists › Guitar Room › Fender Twin!
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 17 years, 7 months ago by jebus_the_llama.
October 11, 2005 at 2:55 pm #48511
I finally got one (with Red Knobs), and it kicks ass.
The only problem is that it’s used (no manual) and I’m not exactly sure how to work it. It has an effects loop, but right now I’m just plugging my guitar into by Big Muff which goes into the Wah, which goes into the amp (input one for channel switching mode). I don’t know if this is gonna hurt the amp or what…I’m kinda at a loss.
In addition, I can’t get the reverb to work (ie, when I hit the footswitch the light goes on but nothing happens). There is a 3 way switch next to the reverb knob that says: Channel 1, Both, Channel 2. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, I just had it fixed so I’m pretty sure the reverb isn’t ‘broken’…or at least I hope it isn’t.
Thanks in advance for any advice.October 11, 2005 at 8:07 pm #112796
i got a few RedKnobs-Dual Showmans and Twins-i luv them.
Fender ‘over*engineered’ these back in the early 90s which turned off a lot of players but it is a workhorse and that 1st channel will give you the classic Fender Twin sound! if you are using a BM for distortion the 1st channel is the way to go.
you really dont need the channel switching…i never use the pedal for reverb-assign it to the 1st channel and use the reverb knob to add…
wonderful amp for all kinds of occasions-sez me
(100 watts and an EFX loop? whats not to love?)October 14, 2005 at 2:55 pm #112797
Ok, so I’ve established that the reverb is broken. I might just get a reverb pedal, the cost to repair might be too much.November 6, 2005 at 10:53 am #112798
good buy, id like to own a twin someday, they are great fender amps. although im tempted to purchas a metamp
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)