Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Guitar Room fender music master

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

I´m thinking of bying a vintage fender music master (It looks a little like the jazzmaster) ..does anybody know anything about this guitar is it good? how is the feeling and sound and stuff like that.

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Go to FenderForum.com and register there and ask your question in one of the guitar forums, also there is a links page that should lead you to what your looking for. Hope that helps.

malcom
    Participant

Musicmasters were fenders lowend guitars from the 60’s and 70’s. They had one single coil pickup like a Duosonic’s, a three saddle bridge, and a 22-23 inch scale (fenders are normally 25 1/2"). basically, they are an absolute piece of shit.

stillchoppin
    Participant

I agree with Malcolm on this one. Unless it’s really cheap and you’re going to use it as a "thrasher" I wouldn’t bother. I love the look of the Jazzmaster, Jaguar, Musicmaster etc., as I feel most people who are into J and Sonic Youth are the same way. BUT, their playability is shite until you really learn how to play thsoe guitars. I know Thurston mods all his bridges as soon as he finds ones he likes. Just my .02 worth. You’d probably be better off with a US Strat, especially sound wise.
    Todd

I?m insane
    Participant

well now I got a fender strat 79…and i like it

stillchoppin
    Participant

Now you’re talkin’!

ciaomeow
    Participant

I have a music master and it’s one of my favorites… I did, however, put a mustang style vibrato on it. it’s one of the only models I feel comfortable with cause I got small hands.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.