Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

1. Green Mind
    2. You’re Living All Over Me
    3. Where You Been
    4. Bug
    5. Without a Sound
    6. Hand It Over

…get me a bucket…

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

LISTEN EVERYBODY! Every album is amazing but I think this is how it really goes:

1.You’re Living All Over Me ( I listen to this album religiously. Also J’s favourite album according to Pulse 1994.
    2.Bug. The eighties rocked hard and when lou left the band Dino were never the same.
    3.Where you been. Dino are a band again. Wicked guitar solos. Best songs: Out there, start choppin, I ain’t sayin.
    4.Without a sound. This album got me hooked on Dinosaur Jr. Every song is excellent.
    5.Green Mind. It was hard for me to put this album at number 5 because I love it so much. Best song Thumb.
    6.Quest. A half heavy half acoustic album. You get the full package.
    7.Hand it over. Personally J should have gone out with more of a hardcore bang like its predecessor Without a sound.
    8.Whatever’s cool with me. It’s okay to listen to ocassionally.

M.deasy

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

I wont say that I am disapointed with anyone’s picks but it appears that Hand It Over is not up there….WHAT THE FAHQ! Anyways, here goes…..

1. Hand It Over
    2. More Light
    3. You’re Living All Over Me
    4. Where You Been
    5. Green Mind
    6. Bug
    7. Dinosaur
    8. Without A Sound

I can honestly say that all of these albums are worth a listen, and none of them can be labelled "disapointing"

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

These are all personal ratings so there is no wrong answer or order. I have had HIO in my car for a week now and have fallen in love with it again. I swear, every album is just brilliant.

[img]http://www.freakscene.net/ubb/smilies/18.gif[/img]
    jeremiah

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

1)WHERE YOU BEEN
    2)HAND IT OVER
    3)YOU’RE LIVING ALL OVER ME
    4)DINOSAUR
    5)WITHOUT A SOUND
    6)GREEN MIND
    7)BUG
    I think every record is great, including JAYLOUMURPH, MARTIN & ME, GAS LODGING FOOD, etc.

Nunca escribiré en una hoja empezada

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Yes i would have to agree with Jeremiah. Ive been listening to heaps of hand it over and I honestly love it. That song mick is my favourite. It’s just such an emotional song. I think this album is different to the others in a way because J really shows some deep down feelings in it.

M.deasy

Commander Vander
    Participant

1. Where You Been – Every song on this album makes me cry or jump for joy…..amazing
    2. Whatever’s Cool With Me – Thumb (live) is incredible…..some J’s finest soloing work here, not to mention the Bowie cover
    3. Hand It Over
    4. Greenmind
    5. More Light
    6. Bug
    7. You’re Living All Over Me

right on

Commander Vander

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

Check this out,
    http://www.magnetmagazine.com/photos/phjmascis.html

Green Mind never sucks…NEVER!!! [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

sappy
    Participant

hmm, it seems ive not answered this question..maybe i did on the old one [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

1.YLAOM – it was love at first sight, everything about it is amazing, all the songs are so different. Lou’s songs are great as well, they add an extra diversity to the album. there’s even a peter frampton cover. how can it get any better?
    2.More Light – the more i listen to it the more i fall in laugh with. each listen sheds ‘more light’ if u like… [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]
    3.Green Mind – yes, great, ‘Water’ is my fave dino song.
    4.Hand it Over – holds some sentimentality as it was my first dino album (i know i know, im not an oldie fan, but i love ’em just the same [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img] )
    5.Where you been – great range of songs, great range of vocals,
    6.Bug/Dinosaur – well i reckon they’d be higher if i actually listened to them. dont worry, i will get round to buying them soon…
    7.Without a sound – not into this album so much, maybe its the lack of diversity due to his vocal problems. still some good songs though..

SG
    Participant

My fav Dino jr albums are:
    Bug
    Where you been
    Green Mind
    you`re living all over me
    hand it over
    without a sound
    I don`t have the first album so I can`t rate it;I hope to get it someday.More light is J Mascis and the fog so I did`nt include it but I think i`d put it between hand it over and without a sound.Martin and me is J mascis but I`d put it between more light and without a sound.

tom
    Participant

1. Your Living All Over Me
    2. Where You Been
    3. More Light
    4. Hand It Over
    5. Dinosaur Jr
    6. Green Mind
    7. Without A Sound
    8. Bug
    They are all great, but the first 6 songs of YLAOM incredible.

OneWoodman
    Participant

1. Green Mind
    2. Dinosaur
    3. Bug
    4. you’re living all over me
    5. martin and me
    6. hand it over
    7. what evers cool with me
    8. where you been
    9. without a sound

sappy
    Participant

i have all the albums now. here’s my list;

1 Youre Livin all Over me
    2 Dinosaur
    3 More Light
    4 Green Mind
    5 Hand it Over
    6 Where You Been
    7 Bug
    8 Without a Sound

Does change though.. [img]images/smiles/converted/smilie_s.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

Your Livin All Over Me is my current fav…actually has lasted about 4 days…record setting [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Allison

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Deepsludge,

Try and beat my record of four days….quite the feat for me considering my incredibly short attention span!!!

Good work on the conversion [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.