Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions favorite sad songs of all time

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author

Randy Jane
    Participant

All of hand it over.
    Young: A man needs a maid.
    Nirvana version of D7.
    whatever the Cure puts out is good as well.

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

I hope it rains at my funeral – Tom T. Hall
    Caroline Says II – Lou Reed
    I’ve got dreams to remember – Otis Redding

three beautiful sad songs!

SG
    Participant

I`m not trying to make people feel bad because of what I know about music,we all have something to contribute here,there`s alot of stuff I don`t know about,like when Allison was talking about Eater,I never heard of that band before,Allison knows alot about old school punk,that`s something I think is important on this site,I know some old punk knowledge but not as much as I should know.
    I`ll help anyone out on whatever music they want to know about,we all can help each other out.When I was 13 or 14 no one helped me with music or try to recommend something,they just horded the music they liked and I got left in the dark,I had to go find it out for myself,one nerdy guy at the local college station said he got into punk when someone threw a Black Flag tape at his head!no one ever did that to me!I wished they did!
    The government should issue to 13 year olds Ramones albums to help them get through teen years.

Sorry to go off topic,but I tend to do that.

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Salamiguy,

If you run for Prime Minister and use that Ramones thing as a platform…you would definitely get my vote [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] Hey I would volunteer for the campaign work!!! Give it some though, Chretien has to go sometime [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

My current fav sad song is Too Hard by J Mascis… [img]images/smiles/converted/frown.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/aliensmile.gif[/img]

Cloud9
    Participant

My Favorite Sad Song right now is a Live Song by Songs:Ohia

That Song is so Beautiful & Sad
    Every Time I hear it I Cry [img]http://www.contrabandent.com/pez1/otn/sad/bncry.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

Allison-maybe I`ll run for prime minister someday,I`ll try to come up with ideas for the youth of Canada;maybe each month in office I`ll issue more bands albums like the Stooges,MC5,Sex Pistols,Damned,Buzzcocks,etc. Canada would be alot cooler country to live in.
    I also think Dee Dee and Johnny Ramone should run for the presidentcy.Richard Hell and John Doe too.

SG
    Participant

Since I went off topic before,this time I`ll mention some sad songs:
    Cocteau Twins-Half Gifts
    Palace Music-Weaker Soldier
    Silkworm-Give Me Some Skin
    Mogwai-Tuner
    Versus-Tin Foil Star

For J,I`ve been listening to Severed Lips,live in Frankfurt 87,that tune is one of J`s saddest.

Rooster
    Participant

Knockin’ on Heaven Door – Bob Dylan
    Love Will Tear Us Apart – Joy Division
    Sometimes – My Bloody Valentine
    Zurich is Stained – Pavement
    Damaged – Primal Scream

<FONT>[ August 26, 2001 03:23 PM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by Rooster ]</font>

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Trick of the light – Triffids
    Tender is the night (the long fidelity) – Triffids
    The seabirds – Triffids

dimpfelmoser
    Participant

There is no culture here
    Whatever happened to the Velvet Undergrounds Pale Blue Eyes. Used to be my favourite sad song for ages. Of course, nowadays the Delgados’ Pull the wires from the wall gets all the credit (come on, you must love that). But when I was in New Orleans, we went into this Thrash Metal/Punk Joint and they had a jukebox there and after evryone had their go at Tool, Limp Bizkit and RatM, I got a sequence with Blitzkrieg Bop, Debaser (Pixies), Hanging on the Telephone (Blondie, well, you had to work with what was on offer) and closed it neatly with Pale Blue Eyes, which really seemed to disturb the assembled Punks and Headbangers. Sounded great as ever.
    gruss
    d

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Dimpfelmoser wrote:
    There is no culture here <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking at all the suggestions made on this topic I think there are a lot of different cultures here!

‘Pale blue eyes’ is a beauty, another sad song with a VU connection:

John Cale – Amsterdam

SG
    Participant

I love Pale Blue Eyes,great lyrics too.I played it once for my sister,she thought it was boring.

Alex
    Participant

Alone esp. night highway driving

A whole bunch of Lloyd Cole, whoever threw him in was right on.

City Drops Into The Night-Jim Carroll-not crying sad but disturbing

Tangled Up In Blue-sad with small amount of acceptance [img]images/smiles/converted/cool.gif[/img]

Rosangela
    Participant

My favourite sad songs by Dinosaur Jr, are "Keeblin", "Alone" and "Over my Shoulder". As I read that J. is a big Deep Purple fan, I add "Soldier of Fortune", for me it’s the saddest song of all times! I must confess that I don’t know the greater part of the bands that you mentioned (I live in Brazil…. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img] , but some of them made me think about others sad songs that I love: "The Endless Sea" (Iggy Pop), "Billy" (Lou Reed), "Witness" (fIREHOSE), "Please, please, let me get what I want" (Smiths), "Marlene Dietrich…" (Peter Murphy) and I love lots of Neil Young too.

buckingham rabbit
    Participant

glad to see a thread like this exists.

grudgefuck–scud mountain boys
    glacier bay–scud mountain boys
    a wrong turn and raindrops–field mice
    and before the first kiss–field mice
    colorado–flying burritto brothers
    brass buttons–gram parsons
    $1000 wedding–gram parsons
    fin–pavement
    i don’t believe in the sun–magnetic fields
    i’m waiting for the day–beach boys
    colors and the kids–cat power
    someday never comes–CCR
    everytime–tom paxton
    late for the sky–jackson browne
    piano man–billy joel (just listen to the lyrics!)
    nostalgia–matt keating

‘repulsion’ can still cause actual pain for me. ‘severed lips’ is up there too.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.