Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    dfkgurl
    Participant

Here is a link to my favorite photo of J when he is not on stage. Don’t know how old it is, but I found it a while back. It is my wall paper. There is a short story about the photo, too. Don’t believe I have seen it here before.

Click on the link below, then click on "begin story", then click on "pictures" (in the top right hand corner). Click on the pic of J for the story.

http://altpick.com/spot/clinch/clinch_fl.php

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: dfkgurl ]</p>

Cloud9
    Participant

Hey

Thats A Great Pic Of J
    Never Saw That 1 Before

Will Place A Link 2 My Favorite Pic Soon

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

My fav is the one from Rolling Stone…the head and shoulders shot in black & white with his hair covering his face. An ex girlfriend had it matted and framed for me and I have Dino ticket stubs all around the border. [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

rosa
    Participant

Very nice, dfk!

I think one of my favorites came from Details magazine (to which I subscribed many, many years ago…back before it sucked). They did this collection of photos of artists in their own homes; I remember the spread included Sir Mix-a-Lot and Kim & Thurston.

Anyway, the picture was of J sitting in a chair in this messy room, surrounded by crates filled with records. I think he had a blue jacket on, and a hat, and he’s kind of leering down at the camera. It’s very cute.

Good to see your name dfk–

take care
    Rosa

AGAP
    Participant

Great pic Dfk, always thought J looked wicked wearing a cool suit [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

dfkgurl
    Participant

Whoa! That is definitely the most wide-eyed pic I’ve seen of J. Nice! Why was he so wide-eyed?

Rosa, the one you describe sounds similar to one in an old article I have where Murph, J and Lou are sitting in a messy room with books piled all around them. Michael Lavine took the photo and I think the article is from 1989. It’s another old favorite of mine.

Rosangela
    Participant

Thanks, DFKGURL, this is an excellent photo, I like black and white photos. I love that photo of J. in the cover of Spin magazine, specially because they said that J. is God! But I have found excellent ones in the Internet too. So nice to be connected with people so interested about J. like you! I’d like to know why everybody puts a particular phrase in the end of the postings. Can I choose one for me? How can I do this? If so, I’ve got one "it’s less and less about our reasons, it’s more about losing control". Bye!

FlyingCloud
    Participant

Hi Rô Rock, to get a "signature", just click on the link "my profile" on the top of the site. there you hit the link "view/ update profile".
    In your profile you find a space to type in your signature. Thats it [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Rosangela
    Participant

Testing…

Mattman
    Participant

Hey Rô Rock, I noticed that your signature didn’t show up in your last post… There’s one more step that you may not have noticed. After you type in your signature, or change anything in your profile, for that matter, you have to go to the bottom of the page a click the ‘update profile’ button… I don’t know if you did that or not, but just in case, I thought I’d mention it… [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Rosangela
    Participant

Good morning! Thanks, Mattman, thanks, Flying Cloud! I think it’s working now. It didn’t work because of the ^ in my name, but my coleague noticed. Let’s see if it’s ok?

Rosangela
    Participant

Yes! Flying Cloud, I saw in your profile that you like Jesus and Mary Chain. They came to Brazil once and I must say that their show was one of the highlights in my life as a rock fan. I love all of their records, but I think that "Munki" is my favourite, because all the songs sound different. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Rosangela
    Participant

Kerb, I don’t understand, do you use these words? Sorry, if I’m doing something wrong…

FlyingCloud
    Participant

Hey Ro Rock! I like Munki very much, too. I still think this album should have been more successful. I’ve only seen negative or indifferent reviews, but I think it’s a great album. I’ve seen them live about 10 or 12 years ago. I still hope that they will reunite.
    Fine, that your signature is working now 🙂

Ahmmm, my favourite J photo is a classic one
    J live pic
    [edit: renewed the link for the pic]

SG
    Participant

FC-that`s my fav J pic as well.have it in a guitar magazine.
    RR-I like JAMC too!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.