Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Favorite Dinosaur Jr Studio Album

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

So what is your favorite full length Dinosaur studio album (EPs not included)?

empire3

So YLAOM & Where you been are neck & neck šŸ™‚

doesitfloat
    Participant

Ha, brilliant. this will be interesting. I vote YLAOM.

kerbdogma
    Blocked

Jeremiah are you still my friend? I can answer without it but I dare you to answer this one.

empire3

I know it’s not really an announcement (But I made it one) and it’s been done many times before. But it’s a poll with pretty colours and if everyone just clicks one button then people like me get excited…….. : )

Annastefka
    Participant

Really Jeremiah? A trick or treat trick? I couldn’t do that…to pick one would be like making a Sophie’s choice and it kind of creeped me out. No, no..no.

kerbdogma
    Blocked

Hi AnnaStefka. A favorite album poll without the super invitational Fossils Ep. I couldn’t believe Jeremiah either, especially when we are waiting to see if we are still friends. Are we still friends Annastefka?

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

as much as ever @DentDeddies

andyfest
    Participant

Always has been, always will be, Where You Been.

kerbdogma
    Blocked

I voted for I Bet On Sky.

Hybridge
    Participant

Word. I couldnt decide between Beyond, Farm, and I Bet on Sky. I voted for Farm because it has more songs than the other two. And Ocean in the Way and I don’t Wanna Go There. And the Lou songs On Farm I like the best of the 3 albums. YLAOM is genius; not sure why it’s not my favorite.

doesitfloat
    Participant

don’t get me wrong I love Farm. and Lou’s songs. but I find Imagination Blind a weird track to finish off the album, especially after I Don’t Wanna Go There. I think it’s the iTunes version that has Tarpit (live) at the end which is cool, anyway I much prefer Rude & Recognition, just sayin’. now I wonder how much time the band focuses on the track listing, and now I wonder how much J focuses on anything.

empire3

I always wonder about the track listing(I have a lot of time in my head šŸ™‚ – I think J probably does take time on it(As the albums production is perfect) But I think up to Beyond the record company may have had a say with the opening tracks.

I read this by the guy from Felled Tree’s and it’s a interesting take!

http://diffuser.fm/felled-trees-dinosaur-jr-where-you-been-track-by-track/

This is about Drawerings….(I also thought the same about the opening being similar and it seems strange to me to have them back to back)

“I remember the very first time I heard this on CD. When ‘Drawerings’ started, I thought the player was on repeat because the main riff is so similar to that of ‘Get Me.’ Of course it goes in a total independent path once the singing started. I always wondered why they put such similar songs next to each other. I guess it was sort of an acknowledgment that there are only so many chords and what’s important is not which you use (or repeat) but what you do with them. The middle part came was really “heavy” for an “indie rock”-type record; it’s almost like “stoner rock” or something. I was definitely worried we’d wimp it out or something, but I think, thanks to thick bass and drums, it’s pretty muscular.”

doesitfloat
    Participant

yeah I also think about track listing to all albums a lot of the time. I think Dino have got it pretty spot on though, and just after reading the Felled Trees thing I realised how much I like the layout of Where You Been. but then again you can’t go wrong with the layout when all the tracks are outstanding.

kerbdogma
    Blocked

hi doesitfloat. I think that sometimes, like J says he thinks of videos as little movies. But as I understand it the tracks are not laid out on a whole album to form a movie. Free So Free kinda realised me to that. The Dino follow up Beyond would have been a little better with a dif’t tracklisting. I always reference back to Hand It Over and J’s powerful lyric “Grasp The Concept”. The traditional definition of a “concept album” would match You’re Living All Over Me in Dino’s Discography. Still, I voted for I Bet On Sky. šŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.