Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Fossils Favorite Dino concert

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Mine would have to be in 96 i think when they opened for Neil Young.Im not sure what year it was but I also saw em with the Lolapolloza(sp?) and once again on tour their own tour.But the best one would have to be with Neil cuz it was outdoor and it sounded great and they played for a long time.Atleast an hour.BTW it was in Houston,Tx.And this was all in the same year.

[This message has been edited by stumper (edited October 30, 2000).]

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Out of all the people here nobody has a favorite concert they wanna share.

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

March 3, 1992. The Avalon, Boston, MA. Touring behind "Whatever’s Cool with Me." For whatever reason, I remember thinking to myself all that day in school…"Man, would I love to hear "Tarpit"…but there’s NO WAY they’d ever play that…" And to my utter disbelief and simultaneous bliss, they OPENED with Tarpit, and proceeded to rip through a set list like I’ve never heard in the 7 Dinosaur shows I saw after that one. The Lung, No Bones, They Always Come, Freak Scene, the list just goes on. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that My Bloody Valentine opened for them on this unforgettably cold, rainy, and wonderful night in Boston. I don’t think that show will ever be topped in this lifetime.

Kracked Lung

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

1987 Maxwells, Hoboken N.J. – Serious snow storm, but braved the elements. Anyway during the last song of the night, RAISANS -Lou busted a bass string which cut his arm. They continued on throughout the song w/ Lou bleeding like a stuck pig. J kept wailing on the final solo as Lou continued to rip through on the bass and bleed. Not only one of the BEST Dino shows, but one of the most intense scenes. The bass was covered w/ blood by the end. (I have the audio from this one)
    I saw them in ’88 at Maxwells as well and had a great video tape – sadly my VCR ended up eating the thing after so many viewings.
    I have avoided the festival type shows for years so the last time I saw J was @ 89 – at the Ritz in NYC. Looking fwd to this string of shows and happy there is plenty of the old tunes being played.
    Jeremiah – great site!

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Although every time I have seen J it has been memorable, my all time fav has to be when he toured acoutically. It was in 95 or 96 at the Black Cat in D.C. I got to meet the man himself and he played a kick ass show.

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Sadly I’ve only been to one show. Guess J’s favourite place isn’t Norway. So the thing to do was to get in the car and drive 600 kilometers to Vattenfestivalen in Sweden. But it was totally worth it! Probably the best concert I’ve ever been to.

Redda Joppe, død eller levande!

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Sydney, Australia Oct 97′ Brought tears to my eyes, literally.
    Sydney, April 2000, acoustic, cause’ i got to meet the man himself, tears again.
    Most memorable and best gigs ever, tell the kids about these ones..
    Justin

Go you good thang’.

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

I only saw Dino twice – once in ’94 and once in ’97.

They were fanatastic both times and although the first one was a real eye opener (and I was kind of dumbstruck) the second time kind of pips it cos the set included:
    The Lung
    Can’t we move this
    Never bought it
    Out there
    Get me
    Alone
    Repulsion
    Freakscene
    Feel the Pain
    Puke and Cry
    The Wagon
    Just like Heaven
    and Sludgefest

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

i’ve only seen them once in houston at numbers, but i must say that was the coolest night ever! my friend and me fought our way to the stage just under j’s feet, and stuck there the whole night! and the concert was wonderful! and i too got to meet j after the show! and he signed a page in my copy of "naked lunch" and he was really nice about a really weird request i asked from him! it was great night! [img]http://www.freakscene.net/ubb/smilies/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]!

?

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

April 1995 at The Metro, Sydney, Australia. I was 13 at the time and it was my first gig. It’s still the best gig I’ve ever been too. [img]http://www.freakscene.net/ubb/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

I would have to say last year in Melbourne was the best gig ever(acoustic).
    It was such a great gig that I sold my $3000 5 string bass and started playing acoustic guitar!(Only j could have that affect)
    later trav![img]http://www.freakscene.net/ubb/smilies/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

"Alright, thanks alot"-Mr J Mascis

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

I would say 1995 (I can’t remember the exact date) but it was at the Trocadero in Philadelphia and they were touring for "Where you Been." It was so rockin’ because it was also the first time I ever saw them and I was blown away. I’ve seen J. a few times since then acoustically, but I’d always hoped for him to go electric again. When I saw him at the Troubadour in LA a few months ago, I was again blown away. I guess everytime is my favorite so just bear with me. I can’t wait to see him again in April in LA, now that I am know all the new stuff.

Dave K
    Participant

Toad’s Place – New Haven CT…April ’97, I think. My first show was acoustic at the Ironhorse in Northampton Mass. near J’s home. Anyway, at the Ironhorse, my buddy and I went downstairs to take a leak before the show and there’s J, talkin’ to two girls. We said ‘hey’, he said ‘hey’ and that was it. Flash forward to the Toad’s show in April ’97. My buddy and I are gettin’ some pizza next door. I say ‘Wouldn’t it be funny if we saw J again?’ Sure enough, we walk out and there’s J leanin’ against the tour van. As we walk out, he shoves off and walks in right in front of me. Once inside, like the rest of us, he shuffles to the bar to get a drink. No one bothers him, so I don’t either. To top things off, I turn to my buddy and say ‘I hope they play ‘The Lung’. Sure enough, first song of the night – a blistering ‘Lung’!

defduck
    Participant

my favourite show is the only ive been to. about 2 months ago at the opera house in toronto. that show and sonic youth are my favourite shows of ever. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

lamasse
    Participant

the only 1 I’ve been to : La route du Rock 97 – Saint Malo – France…in a kind of old outdoor Castle…10 years I’ve been waiting for that magic moment!
    the other one is tonight’s one (04/25) at Anaheim, ‘cos I’m lost in san diego, 2 hours ride from it, do not have a fucking car…
    gonna cry all night long. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.