Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Favorite Albums Of The 1960`s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    essgee09
    Participant

Since The Zombies were mentioned I thought a thread on your fave `60s albums would be cool.

Here`s my picks:

Laura Nyro-Eli And The 13th Confession:soul/pop with some jazzy touches.None of her others record effect me like this one.

girl
    Participant

You turned your picks invisible!

I hope The Pretty Things are on that list.

essgee09
    Participant
    "girl" wrote:
    You turned your picks invisible!

I hope The Pretty Things are on that list.

More to come!

SF Sorrow eh?I`m picking Parachute!

essgee09
    Participant

Fairport Convention-What We Did On Our Holidays and Liege And Lief:celtic traditionalism meets hippie rock.Sandy Denny`s crystaline vocals and Richard Thompson`s fret work.Great harmonies too.

essgee09
    Participant
    "essgee09" wrote:
    SF Sorrow eh?I`m picking Parachute!

Damn!Parachute is from 1970!

girl
    Participant

I would just be happy with the single Rosalyn. :D But definitely my favorite is Their self titled album.

essgee09
    Participant

Tim Buckley-Goodbye And Hello and Happy Sad:incredible voice.Happy Sad was jazz meets folk while Goodbye was a more summer of love thing.

essgee09
    Participant

Miles Davis-Nefertiti

His great quintet of the mid `60s was one of jazz`s greatest bands.The title track is weird,just a repeated theme over and over again.

essgee09
    Participant
    "girl" wrote:
    I would just be happy with the single Rosalyn. :D But definitely my favorite is Their self titled album.

I have`nt heard their self titled album.Will check into it.

essgee09
    Participant

Love-Forever Changes:Arthur Lee was a strange genius.’write the rules in the sky and ask your leaders why’.Good orchestration too.

essgee09
    Participant

Roland Kirk-We Free Kings

Kirk was a true original jazzman.He played 3 saxophones at the same time,he also was a master of the flute.Did I mention he was blind?

girl
    Participant
    "essgee09" wrote:
    I have`nt heard their self titled album.Will check into it.

It’s a great album. Just hearing Phil May sing the beginning of Roadrunner…"I’m a roadrunner honey" is well worth picking it up.

essgee09
    Participant

Pentangle-Basket Of Light:UK folk group with some jazz thrown in.Bert Jansch and John Renbourn were a great two guitar team.Jacqui McShee`s vocals are excellent.

essgee09
    Participant

13th Floor Elevators-Easter Everywhere:Roky Ericson`s old band.Texas psychedelia at it`s best.J mentioned this as his ‘Sunday morning record’.

essgee09
    Participant

Scott Walker-4:big orchestration and beautiful songs.Walker`s voice sounds loungy at first but give him a chance.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.