Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions "Except J Mascis solo, but fuck that."

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Go to http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/mail/ today, before they take this hilarious letter down.

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

The letter:

Quote:
    Thursday, May 22nd, 2003

"Except J Mascis solo, but fuck that."

Subject: mountain goats/australia

Yes! Yes yes yes! Mountain Goats tour!!! Australia mentioned in Pitchfork! This is the best day ever!
    I live in Brisbane, Australia and read Pitchfork daily. Australia does have an indie scene (great bands: sodastream, architecture in helsinki, augie march, genshen…please don’t hold us responsible for the lucksmiths, we’re truly sorry about the vines too, I’ll even apologize for the Datsuns on New Zealand’s behalf) and we have hip record stores (shoutout to rockinghorse records) and indie venues (which are generally shabby and overheated, but they ARE indoors) and labels (trifekta, and spunk which got the notwist on a local release BEFORE YOU–take that America), but we don’t really have a great music review website like Pitchfork, as far as I know. So I read Pitchfork, and it can get really annoying to read all about my favorite bands doing these extensive "world tours" which consist of…America and Europe. But the Mountain Goats! Dude! This is so rad! John Darnielle is now my hero. I am so starved for good live music. The last thing I saw was Richard Buckner on March 15th and Beck the day before that, and there’s been nothing else worth seeing for 2 months. Except J Mascis solo, but fuck that.

Anyway, so you have at least one australian reader. Wait, this guy I met at university has really cool music tastes and I asked him where he found out about stuff like Modest Mouse (which NO ONE has heard of here), and the first thing he said was "pitchfork". So that’s two. We’re out there!

Grace

:D :lol: :wink:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

nice rant :)

SG
    Participant

J 8) :aliensmile:
    Mountain Goats 8)
    Buckner 8)
    Beck :slap: :wink:

AGAP
    Participant

appreciate that apology for the vines :P :wink:

Dinosaur_snr
    Participant

And the Datsuns

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.