Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Evan Dando…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

passion
    Participant

Hey … it was the third time that Calexico came to Greece this year but it was the first that we saw Evan Dando!
    It was a great concert -as always- and Evan was great too! He seemed to like Greece and whisky too…I hope to see him again and not unpluged this time…

perfect
    Participant

…passion…I was there too!
    It was a cool concert and Evan was in good mood…i really believe he is a great musician and your country is very beautiful too!Those last three years i use to come every summer cuz i love those Rockwave festivals…and the weather of course… [img]images/smiles/converted/cool.gif[/img]

jasper
    Participant

If you’re into Evan Dando, you might want to check out a short acoustic concert of him right here. He doesn’t seem to be too happy about his performance himself ("That wasn’t that good, that one…"), but I think he sounds great.

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for linking to that Dando deal Jasper, can’t connect right now but will check later…I love his voice!!!

Last time I saw Social Distortion Chuck Biscuits had the line…bring me the head of Evan Dando…on his bass drum…odd [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/aliensmile.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

I heard a Sonic Youth bootleg once and at the start of "Drunken Butterfly";Kim says`Evan where are you?`.
    Good time now to ask everbody here about Evan`s marriage to Kathleen Hanna,that marriage made no sense to me,are they still married?
    anybody know?

SG
    Participant

I did`nt get any response about Evan and Kathleen so I`ll mention it again.
    Kathleen was in Bikini Kill,the riot grrl band,I read in a book her name had Dando at the end of it,plus there was a fanzine called"my life with Evan Dando";which she talks about him,so it`s pretty good guess that they were married,I was wondering if they still are.
    Kathleen was also the woman that Courtney Love suckerpunched at lolapalozza in the mid 90`s.

passion
    Participant

Hey Jasper thanxs for the info! Whatever Evan may be or do i believe he has one of the greatest voises…and i love Mark Lanagan s as well!…So what about you? All of you i mean Which are your favourite voises? [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Salamiguy,

Don’t know if they are still married, if they got married during the 1st leg of the Fog tour they had one helluva band at their wedding party. I think J, Watt and George played…at least thats what I remember from Watts tour diary. Would have loved to have seen Watt all dressed up in purple [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Passion, I agree Evan has an amazing voice…other favs for me include Grant Hart, J, Jim Reid from JAMC, Adam Frankin from Swervedriver, Issac Brock from MM these are my current top few.

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/aliensmile.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

Thanks for the info,Allison;Evan must have divorced Kathleen years ago,the marriage I was talking about happened several years ago.

passion
    Participant

…Hey

Allison those are really great voises!
    …now about Dando s marriage… I dont know much but he enjoyed females company…
    [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.