Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic evan dando + gram parsons tribute in london

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rambleon
    Participant

i have no idea if this is a one-off thing or it’s happening other places as well … but according to this week’s time out (london) there’s going to be "standing in the shadow of a grievous angel : an all-star tribute to gram parsons" featuring the sin city all stars with bj cole plus guest vocalists evan dando , polly parsons, the coal porters (feat. sid griffin), hank wangford, adam masterson, jason walker and many more acts to be announced

date :arrow: sat 15 november 2003
    venue :arrow: union chapel
    tix :arrow: £25.00 :shock: :shock: :!:

(too bad j is going to be in italy :( :roll: )

buckingham rabbit
    Participant

That’s pretty damn expensive to see a bunch of people cover GP’s songs. However, I’d pay 4 times that (or more) to see GP rise from the dead, still be 27 or whatever, and play the songs himself.

SG
    Participant

I think Joe Pernice would be really good covering Gram Parsons songs,why is`nt he there :?:

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

from the nearly unreadable Union Chapel website:

Quote:
    A TRIBUTE TO GRAM PARSONS
    Saturday 15th November 07:00 PM

Taking place at the Union Chapel on Saturday 15th November, as part of the Barbican’s acclaimed Way Beyond Nashville season, this one-off event will also host performances from GRAND DRIVE, THE COAL PORTERS, HANK WANGFORD and POLLY PARSONS (Gram’s only child) -i n addition to appearances from many more very special guests.

Backed by THE SIN CITY ALL-STARS – the house band of LA’s notorious country club night, ‘Sweethearts Of The Rodeo – the guest vocalists will perform their own personal selections of songs either written by or synonymous with the ill-fated country star who passed away 30 years ago last month.

The concert will help raise awareness and funds for the Musicians Benevolent Fund – http://www.mbf.org.uk – a UK based charity that offers financial, legal and practical assistance to musicians who are no longer able to make a living through recording or performance owing to illness or disability.

CONFIRMED LINE-UP TO DATE – 15/10/03:

THE SIN CITY ALL-STARS with BJ COLE
    Plus very special guest vocalists:
    EVAN DANDO
    ED HARCOURT
    JIM LAUDERDALE
    GRAND DRIVE
    POLLY PARSONS
    THE COAL PORTERS (featuring SID GRIFFIN)
    HANK WANGFORD
    JASON WALKER
    ADAM MASTERSON
    SUSAN MARSHALL
    plus more special guests to be announced

….that explains (part of the) very high price as well, a fund raiser for the Musicians Benevolent Fund…..

rambleon
    Participant

just realized that this show is being co-sponsored by bbc radio 6 … so maybe they’ll broadcast some of it ?? if not, the other co-sponsor is mojo, so we should at least be able to read about it :mrgreen:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.