Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

last exit
    Participant

on the giglist of a famous italian rock club (Velvet, in Rimini — http://www.velvet.it) i found this
    Venerdi 07 Novembre 2003 – J.MASCIS (Dinosaur jr)
    :shock:
    so j will tour europe this autumn? alone or with the fog? please tell me everything you know!!

Pelt Sematary
    Participant

Should that be indeed the case, this would be about the most exciting news to appear on these news pages in some time! Hopefully w/ full blown band! I couldn’t find any clues on any other websites, like Pollstar.com or the websites of possible locations in Berlin, tho! I’ll keep my fingers crossed and overall will be ready to pee myself with excitement! Yeehah! Hey, just checked the page of the "Logo" in Hamburg, where J played last time, and it looks like the amazing & mighty DETROIT COBRAS will be playing there! Quite possibly the only really necessary "New Rock’n’Roll" band even though they play mostly cocers!

SG
    Participant

Thanks for the news!hopefully more info will come in soon :aliensmile:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

thrilling info, indeed, last exit! thanks a lot for posting it! :!: :D

I also checked the usual German clubs and ticket sales sites, but no luck, yet. I really really hope there will be some German gigs as well :!:

…never heard of the Detroit Cobras before, Pelt Sematary. I’ll check out some of their music.

SG
    Participant

I think Alex Chilton produced one of the Detroit Cobras albums 8) I have`nt checked them out yet but plan to.

SG
    Participant

Actually Alex Chilton did`nt produce them,one of them worked with Chilton,sorry about that :oops:

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

Yeah? Well if J’s deciding to tour some more…tell’em to hit up OHIO (preferably, CENTRAL OHIO) and to bring THE FOG with him!!! :mrgreen: 8)

Just heard the Chicago Double Door Show from 2001, and man, that awesome sound is what this guy needs!

rambleon
    Participant

:shock: :shock: :shock: … ooh !!! this is most definitely the best news i’ve heard in a long time !!! … (btw, amma is scheduled to tour europe in oct and nov and she’ll be in italy in mid-nov … so maybe this is true ??? 8) 8) :mrgreen:) … and if j is planning a trip this side of the atlantic hopefully he’ll play london :?: :aliensmile: … has anyone contacted city slang yet too see if they have any possible tour info ???

simmons
    Participant

no info from the the club in oslo where J has played the last two times. I also keep my fingers crossed he’ll be doing some gigs around europe again. :wink:

rambleon
    Participant

city slang in london hasn’t heard anything about a euro tour … but they kindly suggested i keep checking his website for any updates :wink: :mrgreen:

Aatos
    Participant

I hope he comes to Austria. Somebody here who knows where i can find that out??

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey rambleon, it was a good idea to ask City Slang, J’s European label, although without success…. maybe most of the possible dates aren’t fixed, yet :? :?:
    I really really hope J won’t cross the ocean exclusively for a gig in Rome.

If anyone finds out about other upcomig J Mascis tour dates, please post them here!! :!:

Grungeman
    Participant

Hi guys ‘n gals,
    also the Italian webzine ROCKOL confirms date and venue. It says it will begin at 11 p.m.

Check out here: http://www.rockol.it/Concerti.asp?idartista=11143″>http://www.rockol.it/Concerti.asp?idartista=11143

There’s also a link from there to see the shops where you can buy the tickets (see under "Prevendite"). Unfortunately all of them are on the outskirts of the venue town, Rimini.

Unfortunately, I’m too far away to go and see him. :cry:

Hope my news will help
    Take care,

Davide

Anthony
    Participant

[img]http://www.velvet.it/programma/211_2[/img]

:)

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey Grungeman, thanks a lot for the update. so it looks like this gig will happen :):):)
    I’m really curious if there will be other European gigs!

the Velvet club in Rimini has some other fine shows in November, like Wire, or even these very cool "Peter Punk" guys (from the pic above) :mrgreen: :aliensmile:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.