Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Elliot Smith RIP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

SG
    Participant

Robert
    Participant

How did this happen? :shock:

Robert
    Participant

Samwise
    Participant

Just got the news from my brother. I’m shocked. I been in love with his music ever since I heard ‘Say Yes’ for the first time. Strange feeling when somebody dies who you only know through his music.
    Elliott is definetly my favourite artist together with J. He could express emotion in a song in a way no other musician could.

‘Killing time won’t stop this crying’

Olaf :cry:

SG
    Participant

I first heard of him in 1994 or 95;it was the song Needle In The Hay that caught my ear.He did alot of guest appearences too with Birddog(Kentucky band;Elliot helped the main guy out alot in getting started in the music biz),The Spinanes(the song Madding),and Guided By Voices(Ellliot played piano on the song How`s My Drinkin).
    RIP Elliot :(

fata morgana
    Participant

It is very difficult to grasp why so many musician-artists end up this way–but sometimes not so… :( :cry:

jasper
    Participant

Damn, that’s sad. :( Over the past year, I’ve listened more to Elliott Smith than to anyone else. I think he was a brilliant singer and songwriter. His music helped me through some tough moments, too. I’ll miss him.

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

:( :cry:

wireland
    Participant

:( ….sad, sad day. i can’t say i was a huge fan, but this is a tragic loss to the music community in general…..my condolences to his family and friends. saw him play a few years ago, and was rather unimpressed with his set, but i’m glad i had the chance to see him at all… R.I.P

Pelt Sematary
    Participant

Yeah, "Say Yes" is one of the most beautiful songs ever!
    I read somewhere that he had a singular stab wound in the chest. That sounds horrible. Yahoo! News also reported that his "live-in girlfriend" who found him… Incredibly sad, adds to the already looming winter-depression ; I guess my friend Willyum put it as good as anything: "I’m fucking crying". R.I.P.

"and i wanted her to tell me that she would never wake me…"

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

SG
    Participant

Just found this:

http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=215246″>http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=215246

Good line up of artists there;Beck,Beth Orton,Lou Barlow,John Doe,Rilo Kiley,Radar Bros,Dave Pajo,etc.

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

i was away from here when this happened…so sad. i mean, stab wound to the chest? yikes. elliot has been really screwed up the past couple of years, but man he made some great music. XO is one of my favorite albums ever. it made me cry before all of this…

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

The poster from the Elliot Smith tribute/memorial:

[img]http://emporium.beck.com/images/posbeck02.jpg[/img]

(you can buy one through Beck’s site)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.