Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Electronic Dinosaur Remix record by Built To Spill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    falnut
    Participant

I have the Built To Spill “Electronic Anthology Project” c.d.(pretty great) and according to this link there’s gonna be a Dino version (even greater) .Definitely should be interesting.

http://www.explodinginsound.com/2011/07/quick-notes-dinosaur-jr-electronic.html

falnut
    Participant

From The Electronic Anthology Project’s Facebook page…………………
    Looking like an early 2012 release for The Electronic Anthology Project of Dinosaur Jr.

empire3

New Dinosaur Jr EAP record was just mastered.Mark your calendar official release date is 5/1/2012. – From Myspace……..

So unless its already out, I’m guessing it’s the 1st May – You Americans and your made up calendar…… 🙂

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

This one is going to be pretty interesting indeed!!

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Looks like they bumped the date up to April so that it will be released on Record Store Day ->

Okay change your calendars….To help celebrate Record Store Day “The Electronic Anthology Project Of Dinosaur Jr.” release date has been changed to April 21,2012 with a limited run of PURPLE vinyl for the occasion (500).
    (via – The Electronic Anthology Project on Facebook)

* 500 purple vinyl copies as well!

spokennerd
    Participant

I’m going to pick this one up for sure! I liked the Built to Spill one a lot.

empire3

no comment……… : ) – From what I can hear Sludgefeast, Pond Song
    and Little fury things sound cool…..But In a Jar makes me cry a bit ha ha

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Of-Dinosaur-Jr/dp/B0072YMIUM/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328018629&sr=8-1-fkmr0

darren
    Participant
    jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

How are you guys feeling about it? I really like it. It is an interesting take on the tunes.

Trackist:
    Sludgefeast
    Pond Song
    Raisans
    In A Jar
    The Lung
    Kracked
    Tarpit
    Little Fury Things
    Feel the Pain

Clips of all the other tracks are up here http://freakscene.net/2012/01/preview-the-electronic-anthology-project-of-dinosaur-jr/

empire3

I think listening to all the samples straight through was a mistake as I like the full version of Tarpit…I am now looking forward to it a lot more.

Hybridge
    Participant

I think Tarpit sounds interesting and ethereal and I like it a lot. It feels compressed and spare and still has some of the expansiveness of the original song. In the early 1980s KROQ did a great show called MV3 on non-cable TV that played videos by Soft Cell, Devo, Romeo Void, The Specials, Modern English, Human League, Falco, Billy Idol, Malcolm McLaren, Men Without Hats, Musical Youth, Wall of Voodoo, Oingo Boingo, etc. This remixed Tarpit could play on that show if they made a video of it with lots of eyeliner, asymmetrical hair, and triangles.

spokennerd
    Participant

I really dig it! It’s great to hear new takes on great songs. Especially from two great minds that I respect!

tom
    Participant

I liked the Built to Spill one. Can’t wait to get the Dino one.

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

I hope Brett at The Electronic Anthology Project can forgive me for it but I had to do a video for Dinosaur Jr’s “Tarpit”
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx50iZOkmJg
    Wish I had time to compile enough videogame clips to tell a story to the tune but this was a quick and dirty scratch for an itch I had 🙂

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.