Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sappy
    Participant

Here is a pleasant tale for those of you who have the time to read one..:

A friend of mine works in Tower Records in Piccadily Circus, London. A pair of female customers came in one day to ask if they had the limited edition and very rare ‘red’ version of the Deftones’ White Pony album. As they had none in stock for a long while, and because my friend has a soft spot for the ladies, he promised them he would get hold of one and mail it to them. He told them this knowing that I owned a copy of this rare cd.
    After telling this story he offered to give me his ‘normal’ copy of White Pony, along with another cd of my choice from his store. Thinking this was a great deal, I accepted the generous offer.
    I didn’t see him for a while as he was working a lot, but as we are both part of the mobile phone generation, I sent him a text message recently asking if he needed the cd soon. I also asked if there was any chance of ‘Ear Bleeding Country’ being in their store. He wrote a message back saying he would pop over the next day with a spliff and that he would buy the ‘best of’ for me.
    Thinking that the cd was not available in England, I just expected to give him the rare cd and smoke a quick spliff with him, but luckily Tower Records import a lot of cds and he had bought it for 19 pounds.
    So in the end, I was happy for the cd and the quick joint, he was happy to be able to supply these girls with the limited edition cd, and I’m sure the people in question were over the moon about their new attainment.
    So everyone was happy.
    The End.

sappy

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Sappy,

Cool story, you definitely got the best deal I have heard of on Ear Bleeding Country [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nineteen pounds for EBC…yikes thats like over forty bucks Canadian [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

ummmm spleeeeeeeeeeeeffffffffffffffffffffffff (droooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllll) [img]images/smiles/converted/pimp.gif[/img]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.