Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

SG
    Participant

Yeah I guess I did`nt keep a train of thought on that;as Dylan said"My existence led by confusion boats"yeah that`s me.

defduck
    Participant

well??? what were you going to say?

SG
    Participant

I guess what I was trying to say was that Evaporators song about Neil Young,Narduar mentions Dino jr as I said,did you hear this song before?I just wanted to know if he was praising J or dissing him?

defduck
    Participant

never heard the song.. what album is it off of? thats cool. whats the name of the song?

SG
    Participant

The song`s called `Winnipeg 64` and it might me on a compilation,I heard it several years ago on the radio.It has Nardwuar ranting about Neil and says in the middle refering to a Neil song as"better than anything Dinosaur jr did recently(or lately)"
    I noticed on your profile you like Blonde Redhead;They`re cool.I was listening to "the melody of certain damaged lemons" the other day.wicked record!Makino sounds like a Japanese Debbie Harry(I hope you don`t mind the comparison)

defduck
    Participant

yea blonde redhead are awesome. i love the male and female voices. really sweett.. winnipeg 64 is a wick evaporators song. never noticed that reference before though. will check my records later. thanks for that [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Randy Jane
    Participant

I never posted my thoughts….
    Guitar/vocals: J
    Rythm guitar: Me (like im good enough to play with the only punk "god" left).
    Bass:Geezer Butler hehehe
    Drums: Dave Grohl (Long hair days…not now). [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Chris Cornell would be a good drummer for the fantasy band. Think of the backup vocals he could provide. [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

nick
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spaceboy:
    <STRONG>Vocals & Guitar: J Mascis
    Drums: Jimmy Chamberlain
    Bass: Mike Watt
    Guitar: Billy Corgan

[img]http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/cwm/kodama/03.gif[/img] </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I’m thinking of my own and will maybe get my dream line up down in a couple weeks. For now, this works!

I don’t know of many bass players…
    [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]

eggwater
    Participant

J Mascis – Guitar
    Murph – Drums
    Lou Barlow – Bass

call me naive but this was the best line up wasn’t it?

SG
    Participant

That lineup was the coolest,I`m sorry Watt and george but the original trio was awesome.
    I think they equal to Husker Du and The Minitemen in terms of great power trios of the 80`s.
    I hope Lou someday will reunite with J,even for one show,but I don`t think that will happen.Murph problably would.

nick
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eggwater:
    <STRONG>J Mascis – Guitar
    Murph – Drums
    Lou Barlow – Bass

call me naive but this was the best line up wasn’t it?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never saw this trio live. I have seen a video that was recorded back long ago. Now, gathering all their own experiences, I sure would like to see this trio live in concert.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

I had a thought about another artist I’d like to see J. work with: The Cure. Make J. lead guitarist in that band, and man oh man, that would be awesome.

AGAP
    Participant

Hey ELJ,

While I love The Cure and RS….that bit about J being the guitar player for The Cure just doesn’t work for me at all. Now J in make up playing with Ace Frehley there you go, thats the line up I would love to see J guest on…very cool [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison…new mood….overcaffeinated [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

I can`t see J being in the Cure either.Playing with Kiss-yeah.
    Did you hear that Paul Stanley is going to do a Folger`s coffee ad!Will he wear the makeup?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.