Home › Forums › General Discussions › Open Topic › Disappointing Albums Of 04
- This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 18 years, 4 months ago by Robert.
December 30, 2004 at 11:53 am #47541
I can think of two:
PJ Harvey-Uh Huh Her:
A few good tunes but probably the worst album she`s done next to Dance Hall At Louse Point
Worst album they`ve ever done too.Electro pop from a guitar band?please there`s some ok songs though but not enough to save itDecember 30, 2004 at 1:43 pm #106755
I’d have to go with Wilco – ‘A Ghost is Born’ and Old 97s – ‘Drag it Up’. Both are good but I think these bands can do better.
Also disappointing was no new music from J.December 31, 2004 at 10:49 am #106756
Thunder Express-We Play For Pleasure
guitar player from the Hellacopters, ohhh it sucked soooo bad!!!
We did get a couple songs from J last year, NRBQ & Guitar Wolf covers…December 31, 2004 at 2:24 pm #106757
I agree with SG on the PJ Harvey album, it’s just too basic, just sketches of (not too great) songs
Some more disappointments:
Preston School of Industry – Monsoon
…sounds decent enogh, but not one really memorable song here….
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds – Abbatoir Blues / The lyre of Orpheus
Am I the only one in the world who thinks that a gospel choir is a very bad substitute for Blixa Bargeld?
Soulwax – Any minute now
They try to do something new between rock and electro, some of it sounds great, but a great sound without any decent songs gets boring quite fast….January 15, 2005 at 1:00 pm #106758
A perfect Circle – Emotive
holy crap i cant believe how lame this album is… wow… as far as cover albums go this one really sucks… it makes the ruch cover album sound great.,. and i hate rush…January 15, 2005 at 1:41 pm #106759
rem, I’m not sure they are able to disappoint me anymore, seeing as they haven’t made a good album in over a decade. but their newest is…horrible. it’s what old folks listen to. it’s like mark knopfler or any other "I really want to sell a lot of albums and get tons of airplay on all the lame radiostations" band.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)