Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups Dinosaur Jr + Tennis Bafra, Debaser Slussen, Stockholm 23.2.2013

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    maxini
    Participant

Great sold out gig. Maybe the best and tightest I’ve heard them play and I’ve been to a few. Very loud of course but not to the point that I was missing earplugs. Extremely satisfying to hear all those great tunes with the heaviness of Lou+Murph mixed much more in-your-face than on record. Lou did most of the talking – J’s only words between singing were “That was a young man’s blues” after Training Ground (which Lou had described as a VERY slow Deep Wound song), but he seemed to enjoy himself playing.
    The supporting act Tennis Bafra from Uppsala was a pleasant surprise. Sounded very Sonic Youth at the best of their game (i.e. a long time ago) but with their own twist. At one point I got so into it that I thought to myself that their half hour set was going to be the highlight of the evening, but it didn’t take long into the Lung for Dino to prove me wrong.

Think we all walked out of there with big smiles on our faces and Sludgefeast still ringing in ours ears.

SETLIST:
    The Lung
    Come with me
    The Wagon
    Don’t pretend you didn’t know
    Watch the corners
    Crumble
    Rude
    Out there
    Feel the pain
    Raisans
    Training ground
    Start choppin’
    Freak scene
    Gargoyle
    —–
    Just like heaven
    Sludge

Obseqio
    Participant

Cool! What is Come with Me?

maxini
    Participant

Almost fare

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.